Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

hksscom

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
It only asked for IMEI and WIFI MAC address for me too, but that's the email I got this morning (submitted the request yesterday). The website itself never asked for a Location Code, but that's the reason that was given for the rejection.

VERIZON FOLKS: Let me know what you other Verizon folks have on your packing slip for Location Code so I can ask Verizon why mine is different (or, if it's the same, why I got rejected)

Thanks!

-------- Summary of all codes provided so far --------
hksscom: W211501 (3/4/16 Order date, vzw.com) - REJECTED as "Invalid Location Code"
weirdohappy: P175401 (2/24/16 Order date, vzw.com)
eddiechi: N832411 (3/2/16 Order date)
ClintRo: P175401 (2/27/16 Order date, vzw.com)

So you guys know, I called Verizon and they said that my location code should work. They asked to resubmit, and if it gets rejected again, to call them for next steps. Thanks, all, for your codes!

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing all of this location code junk is related to Verizon users correct?? Has anyone had these issues with T-Mobile or has that been moving swiftly??

Jukins

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Claim being reviewed sent all proper info circled. Possibly may get denied because address and name is used is different than bill but it did say they wouldnt disqualify it solEly for that reason fingers crossed

Noodle Eater

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
do you know what the games in the bundle are? i've been curious since they don't seem to list them anywhere

I'd like to know too. I've been kinda messing around the Oculus store and one of the games said price was reduced due to the release of the VR from 7.99 to free so I downloaded it. Don't really wanna sift through all the pages in the store. Wish there was a way to sort by price or something

The game was called Finding Monsters or something

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
So you guys know, I called Verizon and they said that my location code should work. They asked to resubmit, and if it gets rejected again, to call them for next steps. Thanks, all, for your codes!

I have an N location code and my husband had a D code both accepted and under review

Posted via the Android Central App

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded some free software and put it in my Wifes Phone.
She put the VR gear headset on and I lost her.

She said its the funnest thing to put on and play with that she has ever seen.
She was standing in in the middle of water. She was like she was a scuba diver, She had water below her, she could see fish swimming around. She could see to the right and left hand side of her, she could look behind herself and see everything behind her, and she could look up and see everything above her.
Its 360 looking threw it.

You got to take your phone out of the case.
And if you have a Glass Screen Protector on your phone. You will break it putting it in the VR headset.
We broke hers and took it off. She said it was worth every minute of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBjsAXDsBB4

terryb99

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Verizon ordered on 2/27
Arrived today at about noon
Submitted around 12:30 got notice at 12:45 that is was submitted for the Gear S2.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160310/2f50237c6261f5af295dd62ae4a5105a.jpg

I received the same email after almost the identical timeline
I was not ready to activate the phone, wanted to wait until that evening, but could not get the Mac Address without going thru the screens. Wanting to get in the queue for the Gear S2 won out, so I activated and went straight to the Verizon offer site.

terryb99

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Odd thing happened just now:

i used that samsung promotions link to "check status", and instead of one single line saying that it's "...under review", there is now a SECOND line saying exactly the same thing! weird. it's as though there were TWO submissions but every single word is identical in the two lines!

of course, i only entered one single promotional submission.

may i ask if any one of you good folks out there might be so kind as to try it out too to see if you're seeing the same thing? thanks.

I received my acceptance email from Samsung on March 9.
Mine still has a single under review line

Terry

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I sent Samsung Promos a email inquiring if I sent in the correct proof of sales(sent the email version instead of the one that came in the delivered box) and they replied "Thank you for your inquiry. We are happy to confirm that your receipt submission has been accepted"..
No timeframe on delivery but glad to know my promo application was accepted..

artrinadf

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Be aware if you pre ordered through Sprint. I called today to find out when I would receive mines since I hadn't any tracking information. Come to find out Fedex delivered it Wednesday and put it behind something on my front porch.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Did mine yesterday after getting the BOGO from T-Mobile. I submitted the 2 phones and I can see 2 lines on the check status page for the 2 different phones. The status for both shows as: "Your submission is currently under review.", which doesn't surprise me since I only did it yesterday.

dlupien

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Be aware if you pre ordered through Sprint. I called today to find out when I would receive mines since I hadn't any tracking information. Come to find out Fedex delivered it Wednesday and put it behind something on my front porch.

Your phone or your VR headset ?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe