Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

anon(9842641)

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Just got gear vr of mine today mrng on fedex . No tracking email . Just got it. Ship date on april 1.
Am on AT&T and signed up for offer on march 8th
Thanks
535d1a976044969f18422b36f8ddf79e.jpg

SeaDoc

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Just got mine - love it! Ordered from t-mobile first day, and signed up for promo first day I could... totally worth the wait!!! Samsung Galaxy S7 edge is the best!!! Thanks much!!! Shipped FedEx - no signature required - shipped from Indiana...

GoldenWarr

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine, AT&T S7 edge, had April 1st shipping date. Came fedex home delivery. I saw the tracking info a few days ago on fedex delivery manager

me2kelly74

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the same run around from Samsung as others. I ordered a Gear2 watch but Samsung says they are sending me a VR which I NEVER will use. I ordered my phone at Verizon.com. They told me that my location code D543001 was not valid for a watch so they sent me the VR instead. Misleading on the oart of BOTH Verizon and Samsung ! Deceptive !!:(

I know how you feel. Same run around

DonnyD520

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I just find it ionic, on the Samsung statue "Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date estimate: 4/1/2016" now possible receiving a tracking information after I received the package ... good grief Samsung

Posted via the Android Central App

I hear ya. This whole preorder/mail process has been a mess from the start

Back when the phone was delivered, the i was at wofk and the delivery guy just left it on my porch without getting a signature. A $700 freaking phone just left there for the taking. How could rhey possibly send something like this without making a sig mandatory??

Good thing im cool with my neighbor and i called him after i got the "its delivered " email

If someone did steal it though, who would be paying for this???

mzceetee

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I hear ya. This whole preorder/mail process has been a mess from the start

Back when the phone was delivered, the i was at wofk and the delivery guy just left it on my porch without getting a signature. A $700 freaking phone just left there for the taking. How could rhey possibly send something like this without making a sig mandatory??

Good thing im cool with my neighbor and i called him after i got the "its delivered " email

If someone did steal it though, who would be paying for this???

Wow !!! exactly what happened with my s7 delivery, I don't know how long it was on my porch before I came home ,no signature require just left a $700 worth of parcel and who would replaced it if was stolen, good question!!! Your right this whole thing was a mess from the beginning..

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Still no email just the status page stating "Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date estimate: Pending" verizon for S2

champppy

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Honestly don't see the problem about not having signature. I understand that it should probably have a signature, but we shouldn't be mad about it. Worst case Samsung/Carrier would have to replace it AND I'm 100% each package is properly insured.

Edit: Submitted 3/5- expected delivery the first. I hope I get mine early next week. :)

_BIG_

May 30, 2015
Visit site
its not about Samsung/Carrier would have to replace it. it lays the burden of proof on YOU to prove that you did not receive it. Once a package is delivered and left at an address its not the handlers responsibility anymore.

fedex has turned to **** with just leaving things anywhere and everywhere lately. even without a required signature most package companies will want explicit details or confirmation to leave packages unsigned and unanswered(doors). they will usually try to deliver multiple times if no one answers first with a sticker or note left for each attempt before either bringing it to a central location or leaving it. DHL, USPS, UPS have all worked like this recently with me at multiple addresses.

the drivers dont know what they are delivering even tho they may have an idea and in situations where people havent gotten tracking numbers or even know the package is coming yet the harder it is to prove something was delivered and missing. time/response is usually key when a package gets lost.

that being said
tmobile 04/01/16 expected ship date. got my netflix code and approval message on 03-22-16
no packages (that i know of) no tracking info, nothing on UPS for packages coming, still working thru USPS and FEDEX for address checking

champppy

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Don't need burden of proof when they have no proof of you receiving it either besides that it was left.

I've 'received' UPS packages before in front of my door missing and UPS immediately agreed when the seller submitted the claim. I do understand the issue though. When I received my S7 Edge I was like 'WTF why is it left in front of my door', but I wouldn't say or bash Samsung for it.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
What about shipping insurance? I'm sure the package is insured so both the seller and the recipient would be covered in the event of a loss.

Knowledge10111

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I had three S7 Edge's left in front of my door...that $2400 right there. To make things worse I had called FedEx to have the packaged held for pickup but they refused saying AT&T's policy is the package must be delivered to the door and can't be held for pickup....so they won't let us pick them up with our ID's from the FedEx station but they'll leave them at our door with no signature?!!?! That's so hypocritical it's crazy...

Anu Mantra

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm not getting this random shipping of gear vr to some people with no tracking information before hand. I'm not jealous with those who already received but this is about the company. Everyone is not signed up at fedex or ups to know that a package is coming. Them abruptly sending those shipment without notification increases the chances of the package getting lost or stolen.
Why in the sane world would they do that?
Right, because they don't care.

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I got my email from Samsung on 3/22 that my offer claim was approved, included the netflix code with a 4/1 ship date for the Gear VR ... Can't wait! :cool:

Knowledge10111

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm not getting this random shipping of gear vr to some people with no tracking information before hand. I'm not jealous with those who already received but this is about the company. Everyone is not signed up at fedex or ups to know that a package is coming. Them abruptly sending those shipment without notification increases the chances of the package getting lost or stolen.
Why in the sane world would they do that?
Right, because they don't care.

Maybe because they have hundreds of thousands to mail and their priority is to get them out to customers sooner than later. When you have such popular promotions its only expected for lags like this. Don't complain about free stuff...

Anu Mantra

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Maybe because they have hundreds of thousands to mail and their priority is to get them out to customers sooner than later. When you have such popular promotions its only expected for lags like this. Don't complain about free stuff...

It is not a complaint about free stuff.
Allow me to disagree.

1. I am raising concerns over no tracking provided before shipping. It is a very serious problem. I don't stay all day at home. Any package left outside is seriously risky.
2. Calling the promotion - a free stuff is kind of individual perception I believe. I decided to upgrade to S7 from Note 3 because of the offer and the free stuff that I was getting. They are no $10 charger or other stuff. They have a significant monetary value. And that's my point, for an individual these things matter. We get excited for these things and nothing wrong with it.

Regarding the thousands of mail and VR to be sent out, I'm not taking this as excuse because they knew what they are dealing with. They put the offer up there for us. Working in S/W industry, my client doesn't spare me for a single piece of bug/faulty delivery, no matter how small because he paid for it. As a consumer, I also look to the vendor in same way.

At last sorry for the lengthy post. Peace be upon us. :) :):D

sumner929

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Did Anyone get the watch yet ? IF so which did they send

Still no watch updates. Im verizon and submitted 3/10 for it and all I can see on the promo website is its approved and shipment date is pending. I assume it'll be a while for us folks who went for the watch.

Side note: I pre-ordered from best buy the S7 so I could try it and the S7 edge (which i ordered from vzw)and they were on the ball. Not only did I get it 2 days early, they included the gear VR and SD card when I picked it up. Ended up selling the S7 on swappa, kept the gear VR and will also be getting the watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty