Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
A few have reported that 3/8 has their watches. That is day one for submission. I have not seen any recently that have submited on 3/8 and not received there watches.

As far as I can tell the merchandise both gear s2 watches and gear VR headsets are shipping from two facility one in AZ and one in IN. West and East coast regions respectively.

The AZ facility seems to have more.. Merchandise, maybe being closer to the long beach docks or that prize logics primary facility is there and all merchandise arrives there first then is shipped to Indiana. Also the organization is better there too..

Two facility’s means two different means of creating shipping labels. I somehow think that the AZ facility has software that takes the information inputted by the consumer and can directly interface with the FedEx label creator software, allowing for label creation in directly after the approval by the same worker.

The second faciltity in IN does not have direct interface with the label creator and must be manually inputted by some worker.

Examination of enough labels from the IN facility might reveal differences in address when compared to the consumer input. Little things like capitalization, spacing and abbreviations(St, Dr, ect) would prove this.

I did mine 3/8 and am still waiting on the watch. Nothing via fed ex, and I had a pending ship date until yesterday when it changed to the generic in route thing.

hawk buy

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
That'll show Samsung. The people who are not even handling the actual merchandise for the promo. I know you didn't read all the legal mumbo jumbo but it clearly states that prize logic is responsible for the promotion. Entitlement much

I'm fully aware of the terms and conditions and how the promotion is set up with prizelogic/samsung. At the end of the day, it's samsung's choice to use prizelogic for their promotions.

Bad customer service and misguiding customers in an intentional way (granted Verizon was probably more guilty of this than Samsung in this promotion) is enough for me to not want to do business with a company. Don't think entitlement has anything to do with that, but what do I know.

Posted via the Android Central App

tcox8

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Just received my watch (drove home from work to get it). This thing is thicker than I'd like but I like it so far. The samsung promotional page finally updated today with my tracking number... not like it matters. haha. Hopefully you all receive yours soon!

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Jus got this email a few minutes ago about 12pm

Thank you for your patience, we have had an outstanding response to this promotion.. Please note that each item is shipped separately and the date on the website is an (estimated date for shipping). We are unable to provide a precise mail-out date. If your submission has been approved, your estimated shipping date and tracking information may be found by entering your email address in our Submission Status Tool, which may be found here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus

Please note that tracking numbers will not be available until packages are actually shipped. If you have received a confirmation of approval email but you do not see an estimated shipping date in the Submission Status Tool, we ask that you please check back after a few days as your estimated shipping date must be calculated. We cannot make any changes to the estimated shipping date, including expediting or holding delivery for any reason.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

KRITZ9

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone else realize that right now we are just at the 4 week point? I think Samsung/Prizelogic made it worse by the "Shipment Pending" and faulty email system.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Im not upset about how long it's taken so far. More upset about the fact that when you ordered as early as humanly possible 7:45 am 2/23 and submitted as early as possible to ensure you can get it as fast as possible (on a promotion that could take months to fulfill) and all that is thrown out the window because the incompetent company in charge of it all just fills random orders.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Im not upset about how long it's taken so far. More upset about the fact that when you ordered as early as humanly possible 7:45 am 2/23 and submitted as early as possible to ensure you can get it as fast as possible (on a promotion that could take months to fulfill) and all that is thrown out the window because the incompetent company in charge of it all just fills random orders.

I completely understand.
I am waiting on a promo unrelated to this one from another large reputable company, email said 7-10 working days, its been a month, and still nothing. So it seems to be a problem for quite a few company's not being able to handle the overwhelming response.
But all we can do is wait, and no amount of frustration or upset, will change the process or lack there of.

BascoEp2016

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Just a heads up to everyone. I submitted twice for S2 one on 3/9 one on 3/11. Today the 3/9 one just gave me a tracking number, and it left the Plainfield IN sight yesterday, no email updates by the way, also shows that the shipment was created on 4/08

liquid228

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
"Im not upset about how long it's taken so far. More upset about the fact that when you ordered as early as humanly possible 7:45 am 2/23 and submitted as early as possible to ensure you can get it as fast as possible (on a promotion that could take months to fulfill) and all that is thrown out the window because the incompetent company in charge of it all just fills random orders."

This is pretty much it in a nutshell. I have friends who submitted a week after me who got theirs last week.

jgickler

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
hey J, did you ever hear back from the "support guru"?

Sorry forgot to post it.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are happy to confirm that your receipt submission has been accepted, and that no further action is required at this time. Further status updates will be sent to you via email-- if you cannot locate these updates we recommend that you check your spam or junk mail folder as these updates will be automatically generated and may be filtered out of your inbox. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you,

PrizeLogic Support

So just another canned message, no real information. Honestly, I don't have the energy to keep sending replys and keep getting back non-answered emails. I think that the chances of anyone getting a straight answer out of prizelogic is about 0.

Kasey Pierce

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Ha. So I asked Verizon if I could return the watch for credit for another device and they told me no, since they are not the ones selling it so I contacted Samsung and asked the same thing and they also told me no since they don't sell the 3g version on their website ...how convenient!

jtrill88

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Movement on my S2! Label created on the 12th, arrived at FedEx Facility in Indy today, 14th.. Delivery pushed back to Tuesday.

Live in Phoenix, AZ.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Who ever doesn't have fedex manger sign up because samsung Web site doesn't give u tracking number www.fedexmanger.com

Not entirely true as they do give a tracking number.....after it arrives at your doorstep. ;)

At least that is what happened with my husband's VR. Just for grins I checked the status page the day I saw it one day away on FedEx and it showed as enroute. Yesterday after it arrived the tracking number appeared. LOL

lumns84

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
F this crap.

Earlier said in route now...Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery.

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery, mine said in route earlier hopefully this means it's getting closer lol