Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

tomstep2

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
That is my exact morning routine...unfortunately it is also my lunchtime routine, my mid-afternoon routine, after dinner routine and before bed routine. I don't know what I will do after/if I get my S2. I think there will now be an emptiness...LOL

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So, woke up to an email notification (subscribed to the vzw.com thread) of someone that had a 3/21 submission... When was the actual cutoff for the S2 promo?? Are they just going to fulfill the rest of the claims all the way to the cutoff date before finally going back to the FIRST WEEK submissions?? Will there even be an watches left at that point?? My fingers are crossed that there's just a pallet of watches intended for the first week submissions just hidden behind some boxes...

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
So, woke up to an email notification (subscribed to the vzw.com thread) of someone that had a 3/21 submission... When was the actual cutoff for the S2 promo?? Are they just going to fulfill the rest of the claims all the way to the cutoff date before finally going back to the FIRST WEEK submissions?? Will there even be an watches left at that point?? My fingers are crossed that there's just a pallet of watches intended for the first week submissions just hidden behind some boxes...

I hope you are right, the watches and paperwork are hidden somewhere.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
PL replied to a comment that I made on their FB page telling me to check my inbox.... I've checked every inbox I could think of and I have not received jack s&>* from them yet. And that was 45 mins ago..

Posted via the Android Central App

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I figured I share a ironic story about this promotion. I was with AT&T and my contract was up and my family wanted new phones, did some research and with the promotions for the S7's at Verizon (the trade in promotion, the watches, porting over, and some they lied about) we decided to switch to Verizon. We pre- ordered one S7, S7 edge and 2 iphone 6S's for my kids. I get an email that my order had a problem and I had to call VZW, I did they said they would fix it. A little while later I get a email my order is cancelled. I am upset because the watches are first come first serve. I call up again and they don't know what happened and give me a supervisor who does the order over and sends us a confirmation email, we look she got the order wrong, wrong color iohone, 16 g iphones instead of 64 g. We now have to call back it is now days later since my first order. We ask for a supervisor and i want to cancel the order completely because I say now we have no chance of getting the watches because of first come first serve limited quantities, etc. The supervisor says she will send me an email guaranteeing that I will get the watches as long as I submit in time and I hand in all the correct paperwork. She sends me the email guaranteeing it (I still have the email). Here is the ironic thing, i submitted on 3/11 and was so worried about the first come first serve, if I waited I would have the watches. I have called VZW with the email spoke to a supervisor and the problem is they speak to PL who tells them I am going to get the watches but I have to wait 8 weeks from the 4/6 date, so VZW tells me they can not do anything yet because it looks like I am still going to get them. I explain everyone who submitted after me received them or tracking info. They tell me to wait till June 1st and they will check back with me. Think they will actually do that? I am telling you by June 1st if we do not receive them they better do something.

Neontiger01

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Have been reading these for awhile...first time posting.
Received phone and submitted on 3/15 (was one of the ones that got the S2 is sold out and had no choice but to get the VR). Approved on 3/22. Several status changes on Check Status page, last one being Submission approved and preparing for shipment. Shipping estimate 4/30. Nothing since then. All emails of inquiry netting in the same generic response y'all are getting and all questions completely ignored. Finally tried FBM and was told today that the S2's are on backorder. Questioned that since I had to get the VR and she (or he) said their mistake, meant the VRs. Asked for estimate on that and was told they do not know the exact date but still expect to fulfil orders according to the terms and conditions of the promotion. (I will leave out my thoughts on this, since it's already been covered). Didn't know if anyone else had been told that or if I was providing anything new. Nothing in FedEx Delivery Manager either.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So I finally received an Message from PL via FB
"Hello, your official approval email was sent on 4/14. The estimated delivery is 4-6 weeks from this date. You will receive an email with tracking when your item has shipped."
They don't even know what they are saying...
Submitted 3/10
Approval email 3/19
I never received any email on 4/14. I also submitted everything correct the 1st time, no errors.

tom7476

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Have been reading these for awhile...first time posting.
Received phone and submitted on 3/15 (was one of the ones that got the S2 is sold out and had no choice but to get the VR). Approved on 3/22. Several status changes on Check Status page, last one being Submission approved and preparing for shipment. Shipping estimate 4/30. Nothing since then. All emails of inquiry netting in the same generic response y'all are getting and all questions completely ignored. Finally tried FBM and was told today that the S2's are on backorder. Questioned that since I had to get the VR and she (or he) said their mistake, meant the VRs. Asked for estimate on that and was told they do not know the exact date but still expect to fulfil orders according to the terms and conditions of the promotion. (I will leave out my thoughts on this, since it's already been covered). Didn't know if anyone else had been told that or if I was providing anything new. Nothing in FedEx Delivery Manager either.

I'm similar. Submitted on 3/12. And had an estimated shipping date of 4/30 for a VR. My status has said preparing for shipment for about 3 weeks now. Still nothing. There have been several other promotions since this s7 promo that have also offered a free VR. So instead of making sure this one was filled first they started spreading them around to multiple promos and we have been forgotten about.

Neontiger01

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm similar. Submitted on 3/12. And had an estimated shipping date of 4/30 for a VR. My status has said preparing for shipment for about 3 weeks now. Still nothing. There have been several other promotions since this s7 promo that have also offered a free VR. So instead of making sure this one was filled first they started spreading them around to multiple promos and we have been forgotten about.

It sure feels that way... the poor customer service is only making things worse....very frustrating! I was coming up from an S4 and wanted this phone regardless, but like most everyone else, the bonus gift made me act a little faster than I might have otherwise. I wonder how the other promos are going...

Neontiger01

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Looks like the Facebook messenger Team are telling different story's from the PL phone team.

Prizelogic
10:31am
Prizelogic
We apologize for the inconvenience, however, S2s are currently on back order. As soon as items are available your gift will be processed and shipped. You will receive an email with tracking as soon as your item has shipped. Thank you for your continued patience.
Cathy
10:36am
Cathy
I tried to get the S2 but they were unavailable on the 15th so I had to submit for the VR Gear...??
Prizelogic
10:50am
Prizelogic
My mistake, I did mean to type VR.
Cathy
10:51am
Cathy
Okay. Do we know how long the back order will take?
Prizelogic
10:57am
Prizelogic
While we do not have a definite date, we will still aim to fulfill within the estimated shipping time frame provided in the terms and conditions.

Sector4208

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
This all is just one big joke. I received the $200 e cert and they messed up that order. Now I am getting the run around from Samsung to fix their shipping error. I have been told to keep waiting since May 5th.

Last edited:

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
The ghost of the "Location code" error just got me for my BOGO s7 offer from Verizon just got me!

Amazing since they sent me the email saying I was eligible for the promo... I smell Prizelogic all over this!

May 12, 2016
Visit site
So...... I just called PL today just to check the status and ask what happens when the 8 weeks has passed(which is really 12 weeks) I was told to look at the revised terms here is what it said.
Gear VRs or Gear S2s claimed before March 18, 2016, may be sent within approximately six to eight weeks after verification of
Offer Claim Form, but in some cases, it may take longer for delivery.

I was then told the first come first serve is based upon the final approval first come not the date you submitted which for me was 4/6/2016. Not sure how much I buy that though. Has anyone else heard a similare report?

Thanks,

Myshell926

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I was approved on 3-31, they told me not to call and check until the end of May, 8 weeks from approval date. My status has said approved, pending shipping since 4-1. I don't even check anymore, they are not truthful. The supervisor swore to me I was crazy that anyone submitting after me could have received their gift. I am approved for 2 vr's- no watches. They sent the VR's AND watches to people that were approved after me.

ktabel01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
My latest inquiry was responded to with the following. early people are getting hosed

Hello,

Thank you for your patience, our team manually reviews each submission. We are working hard to complete the review process and you will be updated via email. Upon approval please allow 6-8 weeks to receive gift. If you have further questions please reach out.

Best Regards,
PrizeLogic Customer Support

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
What's crazy is that in the FB message they told me 4-6 weeks from Approval date.. they seriously have no idea what they are doing.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
So it seems that PL has all kinds of dates for everyone meaning nothing.

I do sort of remember that they did have my initial submission date though. In my weekly call on Wednesday I’ll have to ask them again.

I think that will have to be the crux of the first come first serve argument when it finally comes down to “uh we ran out, sorry” argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa