Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeap So that exec thought you’d have to hold on to the phone for X days to get the watch, kinda like what Verizon did for the bogo. But nope! The terms and conditions say nothing about that. And we have evidence that some very last in people have had their watches for less than the 90 days.

Verizon don’t know nothin’

So update on me: 16 weeks and Nothing! yeay!

Whew! You're alive! I was starting to worry about you. :D I don't remember, did you submit any BBB complaints?

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Never got an email but just checked my Samsung BBB complaint:
Samsung has contacted Prizelogic regarding their concerns. As per Prizelogic, the consumer did not qualify due to the location code on their receipt reflecting an in-store purchase. Since reaching out, he has provided valid information and his gifts are being replaced with S2s. We apologize for any inconveniences and delays the customer may have experienced with this case. For further inquiries, please have customer contact Samsung at 888-480-5675 between the hours of 9AM and 6PM EST, Monday through Friday. Thank you
So, PL told Samsung the same BS they told me despite not a single person at PL saying location code was an issue over multiple phone calls prior to the gifts shipping... I'm not even sure how to respond as far as accepting or rejecting the response...

Update: I rejected because of this bit:
Since reaching out, he has provided valid information and his gifts are being replaced with S2s.
Not once did PL ever reach out to me regarding this information and I never provided any information outside of the original claim. So this is just an outright lie.

Last edited:

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Never got an email but just checked my Samsung BBB complaint:

So, PL told Samsung the same BS they told me despite not a single person at PL saying location code was an issue over multiple phone calls prior to the gifts shipping... I'm not even sure how to respond as far as accepting or rejecting the response...

Update: I rejected because of this bit:

Not once did PL ever reach out to me regarding this information and I never provided any information outside of the original claim. So this is just an outright lie.
Good going! I did the same thing (rejected) for the same reason...They were not truthful in their response. BBB needs to know that they are not even taking this seriously...just answering with whatever sounds good. Although....they did change my status today. Now it is this (I got the watches yesterday):
Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route
OMG, a bug just flew in from outside & landed next to me. I squashed it with the Verizon "Activate Your GearS2" ad. How very appropriate....Gotta love me some bug guts!

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Whew! You're alive! I was starting to worry about you. :D I don't remember, did you submit any BBB complaints?

I must be the oldest now, 3/9 mid afternoon submission!

And yeah as a kind of "For science!" experiment I did not do the BBB thing you guys did. (I was/ am super busy) (now I totally regret not doing it)

Gonna wait till Friday to see what happens.

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I must be the oldest now, 3/9 mid afternoon submission!

And yeah as a kind of "For science!" experiment I did not do the BBB thing you guys did. (I was/ am super busy) (now I totally regret not doing it)

Gonna wait till Friday to see what happens.

I think that is about the only thing that works. I would have hoped they'd ship them all out after they realize the sh*t storm on the horizon with the BBB complaints rolling in.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Good going! I did the same thing (rejected) for the same reason...They were not truthful in their response. BBB needs to know that they are not even taking this seriously...just answering with whatever sounds good. Although....they did change my status today. Now it is this (I got the watches yesterday):
Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route
OMG, a bug just flew in from outside & landed next to me. I squashed it with the Verizon "Activate Your GearS2" ad. How very appropriate....Gotta love me some bug guts!

Lol. Were you "Close this complaint out, I don't give a damn about the thing anymore."? Or is that someone else on here? haha

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone happen to file a complaint against Brightpoint?? They're not accredited but they're in the BBB system and you can file a complaint against them.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Lol. Were you "Close this complaint out, I don't give a damn about the thing anymore."? Or is that someone else on here? haha
Too funny! Nope, that was not me. You know me by now...Do you honestly think I could respond to them using those few words? ;) Mine was a mini-novel & I think it shut me down before I finished what I was

Last edited:

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Not that anyone asked, but...I'm waiting for my nails to dry...
One day in: My favorite thing by far is the phone. I love making D*ck Tracy calls from my wrist.
Not so impressed: Texts. You have to create (up to 160) and use those. Not able to just answer someone by typing.
The bluetooth is working great. I'm not going to activate my watch to get a new phone number. Didn't want to hassle with the forwarding scenario that some had described with having 2 numbers.
The band connecters & a regular band work well. I can't wait to get a 'girl' band. I only have a black leather band & it's comfy but not so cute.
All in all....it's better quality than I thought it would be. I'm actually enjoying it immensely. Can't wait for everyone to get theirs!!!!!

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
One day in: My favorite thing by far is the phone. I love making D*ck Tracy calls from my wrist.
Not so impressed: Texts. You have to create (up to 160) and use those. Not able to just answer someone by typing.
The bluetooth is working great. I'm not going to activate my watch to get a new phone number. Didn't want to hassle with the forwarding scenario that some had described with having 2 numbers.
The band connecters & a regular band work well. I can't wait to get a 'girl' band. I only have a black leather band & it's comfy but not so cute.
All in all....it's better quality than I thought it would be. I'm actually enjoying it immensely. Can't wait for everyone to get theirs!!!!!

Glad you are enjoying yourself. I need to get the band connectors when I finally get mine. Where did you get them?

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

What's wrong with 'boy band' lol.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site

You should be able to reply using T9 texting.
Glad you are getting some use out of it after all your troubles.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Lol. This is at the bottom of the BBB complaint message to PL...
What is the next step?
The Business has asked for more time to respond to this complaint.
There is no action for you to take at this time. We will contact you when we next require your input.
I still haven't heard anything from PL since calling BS on the email they sent me privately. Funny how they didn't want to communicate through the BBB site... I might need to shoot an email to the BBB about that.

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
oks10, I message PL FB (since he/she was one who got me return label and everything) and got msg saying That is correct, it all depends on the supply the shipping company has in stock. I haven't file BBB yet but if I don't see any progress within week, BBB way to go seems like it.

@Aushoj you haven't received anything what so ever? I am a 3/13 submitter got VR instead of S2 (shipped back VR and they received today)

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
oks10, I message PL FB (since he/she was one who got me return label and everything) and got msg saying That is correct, it all depends on the supply the shipping company has in stock. I haven't file BBB yet but if I don't see any progress within week, BBB way to go seems like it.

@Aushoj you haven't received anything what so ever? I am a 3/13 submitter got VR instead of S2 (shipped back VR and they received today)

Except their stock at this point should have never been a concern of ours had they followed the fulfillment method clearly stated in the terms and conditions. People who submitted early shouldn't be having to worry about what's left (or not left) in inventory. That's a problem that the late submitters should have had to deal with. (No offense to any of you late submitters that already got your watches. That's just a risk you deal with with a late submission in a first come first serve promotion, which this obviously ended up not being...)

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh, and I sent an email to the BBB branch handling my complaint against prizelogic. When you choose to contact me directly outside of the BBB complaint site and then lie to other parties about conversations that never happened, then you better expect that information to be shared...

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm not going to activate my watch to get a new phone number. Didn't want to hassle with the forwarding scenario that some had described with having 2 numbers.
I activated my, but I am thinking about dropping it and using just Bluetooth. Even knowing I have the watch, found that I am seldom without my phone. The only times I have ever thought about using my watch was the couple of times I walked out of the house without my phone. And of course the only way that I have found that you can forward your phone to the watch is to be within Bluetooth range when you forward it, so if you don't have your phone with you, can't forward it. If someone knows if it can be forwarded remotely, please share. Of course you could make a call if needed from the watch itself, but is that worth $6-$7 a month (they do add taxes and fees to the $5 a month charge)? You are right, texting is the pits, I will read them on the watch, but unless the reply is a quick "okay", not going to bother on the watch.