For the life of me, I cannot find how to disable multi/split window. Apparently the way I naturally scroll, activates it in Chrome and Facebook every minute or so. It's driving me crazy! I rarely have the need for this feature. Any tips?
    03-08-2016 01:53 PM
    For the life of me, I cannot find how to disable multi/split window. Apparently the way I naturally scroll, activates it in Chrome and Facebook every minute or so. It's driving me crazy! I rarely have the need for this feature. Any tips?
    Not sure if this will work on the S7 but it's worth a shot:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...reen-view.html
    03-08-2016 04:00 PM
    You're kidding me! You have to install a 3rd party app to disable the multiscreen! WTF is Samsung doing??? I'm just totally blown away by this!

Samsung = "Stupidity beyond imagination!"
    03-08-2016 04:26 PM
    The last time I saw the option to disable it was on the S5. Note 4 and up users complained about this but Samsung decided to just ignore them.
    03-08-2016 04:29 PM
    I thought the title of this said "decapitating screen" and I was about ready to promptly cancel my order.
    younggreenanne likes this.
    03-08-2016 04:32 PM
    The Note 4 has this toggle in the pull down. If it disappeared with the S6, then the Note 5 might also be missing it. Unbelievable! I'm just blown away by this. How stupid!
    03-08-2016 04:36 PM
    Not sure if this will work on the S7 but it's worth a shot:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...reen-view.html
    It worked! TY, Lifesaver. . activating it every 20secs was driving me to drink lolol
    Ridiculous they don't have it as an option, instead of needing 3rd party app. .
    03-08-2016 04:57 PM
    It worked! TY, Lifesaver. . activating it every 20secs was driving me to drink lolol
    Glad to hear it worked out!
    03-08-2016 04:58 PM
    Jennie, I think I might have found a way to disable the split screen deal. I tried it on my phone and it seems to be working but I would love confirmation this works.

Settings - Advanced Features - Pop-up view gesture - Off

Mind testing it out for me?

Thanks in advance!
    03-10-2016 02:05 AM
    Wow this is so strange! I have an S7 Edge (AT&T) and for some reason my multi-window feature is not working. Nothing works (long press the recents nor was there any pop up window ability). I downloaded that Multi-Window toggle app and enabled it and now I have multi-window! Not sure why my phone came like this must be a bug...but I'm happy now I can get multi-window. I will confirm though that disabling the pop-up window setting does not disable multi-window, they appear to be two separate things. However disabling multi-window with the app download does disable pop-up window...very strange bug
    03-10-2016 05:39 PM
    Jennie, I think I might have found a way to disable the split screen deal. I tried it on my phone and it seems to be working but I would love confirmation this works.

Thanks in advance!
    Pop up view gesture is a different feature. And disabling it doesn't disable multi window. You can use the multi window toggle app, but you gotta do it every time you boot.
    Deactivating multi/split screen?-uploadfromtaptalk1457653388599.jpg
    03-10-2016 05:44 PM
    Pop up view gesture is a different feature. And disabling it doesn't disable multi window. You can use the multi window toggle app, but you gotta do it every time you boot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1457653388599.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	219617
    jennie asked how to disable that feature because she was constantly minimizing the app due to how she scrolls. I figured turning this gesture might prevent the problem she was asking about. It was worth a shot.
    03-10-2016 05:46 PM
    Hey! Turns out my phone was defective, my recent close button completely died. So it wasn't me, was deemed defective... They swapped out phones tonight. Unfortunately silver out of stock, have black one now. They'll call me when it's back in to swap out.
    03-10-2016 11:46 PM
    Hey! Turns out my phone was defective, my recent close button completely died. So it wasn't me, was deemed defective... They swapped out phones tonight. Unfortunately silver out of stock, have black one now. They'll call me when it's back in to swap out.
    Glad to hear they're swapping it for you! Sad that you had to even go through that process though.
    03-10-2016 11:50 PM
    well, glad it was just a defective device. so you should be good on the new one.
    03-11-2016 11:56 AM
    search "pop" in settings and it should come up as pop-up view gesture and you click on it and it will allow you to turn it on or off.
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    05-10-2016 10:15 PM

Thanks in advance!
    Thank you so much for this, this is exactly what's been bugging me, and just to think I was about to install that app to deactivate something that is different than my issue.
    08-11-2016 02:14 AM
    To all S6 users trying to get rid of split screen. Goto Google Play. Search "eliminate split screen s6". There's one program on Google Play that you can download. It's a toggle switch to turn the split screen on and off. It works for me on my S6.
    10-31-2016 08:45 PM
    To close multi/split window on my Note 5, I found that dragging the center resize feature, between the windows, all the way up to the edge of the screen maximizes the window, ending multiview.
    06-02-2017 11:41 AM
    I am so pleased to see this, nahoku, I was starting to think I was asking too much.
    09-02-2017 09:34 AM