Double standards by Samsung forced me to drop the idea of buying S7 Edge.

vgs21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm from India and Samsung as usual launched their flagships without SnapDragon 820 processor and instead with Exynos 8890.
Also 64 GB variant is given a miss, So Indian buyers will not get proper third party ROM support due to absence of SD820 and also customer like me who wants to use Dual SIMs don't have much of a choice as second slot is a Hybrid one. So if I'm adding another SIM. I'm left with only 24GB of internal storage and if I'm going for memory card, I'll have to buy another phone(may be some lower end phone) but that will make me carry 2 phones. I would rather wait for LG G5 even though it has Single layer launcher (but in classic mode you can have dual). It has dual SIM, memory card support and more importantly SD820.
DEAR forum members can you please tell me If I'm doing right or S7 Edge is still considerable after all these that I have written above???

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm from India and Samsung as usual launched their flagships without SnapDragon 820 processor and instead with Exynos 8890.
Also 64 GB variant is given a miss, So Indian buyers will not get proper third party ROM support due to absence of SD820 and also customer like me who wants to use Dual SIMs don't have much of a choice as second slot is a Hybrid one. So if I'm adding another SIM. I'm left with only 24GB of internal storage and if I'm going for memory card, I'll have to buy another phone(may be some lower end phone) but that will make me carry 2 phones. I would rather wait for LG G5 even though it has Single layer launcher (but in classic mode you can have dual). It has dual SIM, memory card support and more importantly SD820.
DEAR forum members can you please tell me If I'm doing right or S7 Edge is still considerable after all these that I have written above???

24GB is not enough for me in any way. Since you'll be using a dual sim setup, the S7 doesn't seem like a good fit unless you can get your hands on the 64GB variant. Additionally, because of the fact you want the ROM support the SD820 will offer, I would look elsewhere for a phone. It seems the LG G5 would be a much better fit in your case.

vgs21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
24GB is not enough for me in any way. Since you'll be using a dual sim setup, the S7 doesn't seem like a good fit unless you can get your hands on the 64GB variant. Additionally, because of the fact you want the ROM support the SD820 will offer, I would look elsewhere for a phone. It seems the LG G5 would be a much better fit in your case.

Thank you friend.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If s820 rom support and dual sim is important then I would skip the s7 edge in your situation.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

The exact opposite is true.

The Exynos is now the Global model in 190+ countries worldwide and the Snapdragon is in two countries only, spread over half a dozen or so carrier branded, minority variants... two of which may not even allow rooting and custom ROMs.