Cracked S7 Edge - Advice

Peterock317

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
agreed. The phone is just released and there are many people so far that has/had issues. I hate to tell you but not every s7 edge owner visits this site so who knows how many really so far broke. It would be interesting to get info from samsung..

like how many screen replacements there have been with no edge phones compared to edge. Also how many to this date have been replaced or being sent in. What we DO know is that these phone are suppose to handle a reasonable drop and some of them are not. many from the pictures show damage in the curves. I ordered some tempered glass, but so far not many have made a good one.

Watch the bgr video I posted. Seems like it's "supposed" to take a direct face hit at 20 feet as far as they are concerned.

Dr Awkward

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I tried using the Samsung service center repair update on the website but after 3 days it was still showing
“Open - Product Not Yet Received.”

I called Friday (yesterday) and the rep verified that my phone was in the “test, evaluate, and repair” chain and I WOULD get an email when it shipped out to me next week.

As to the severity of damages to these phones, the rep said almost all of the cracked phones they could not repair were also submersed in water AFTER being dropped. My phone continued to work, calls, videos, pics, etc. after the 5 foot, screen first drop onto rough asphalt.

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it, I dropped mine like 4 feet from a hard wood floor the other day, and it slid, but when I picked it up it didn't even have a scratch?

Posted via the Android Central App

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
the gpel one. it craacked while setting and adjusting. I could not believe how easy it was. I sent it back @ my cost. I would throw on a film one and wait. other vendors are coming out with it.

Dr Awkward

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I tried using the Samsung service center repair update on the website but after 3 days it was still showing
“Open - Product Not Yet Received.”

I called Friday (yesterday) and the rep verified that my phone was in the “test, evaluate, and repair” chain and I WOULD get an email when it shipped out to me next week.

As to the severity of damages to these phones, the rep said almost all of the cracked phones they could not repair were also submersed in water AFTER being dropped. My phone continued to work, calls, videos, pics, etc. after the 5 foot, screen first drop onto rough asphalt.

UPS delivered my phone to Texas on April 12th but I just got notification on April 18th that it was in their system with a note "repair by April 25th."
This is a long time. Originally they had said 7 to 10 business days.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
yea. they dont update the system good. It said the repair was complete and no new updates for days. I had to call and get support just to make sure they were going to send it back. it took them about 3 weeks to send it back. I bet they are slammed with the amount of repairs already. I wanna know how many they have repaired already..

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Guys y'all sound like you own the company and they should operate to your standards.
And you make the rules.
I would be careful how you treat these people.
There may be a reason why you are not getting things when you do.
They may be very busy.
And overall, I have heard very , very few people that has had any real problems with their phones.
When I owned a company , Customers never told he how it was.
Know you bought a product from them.
But I can bet it don't say anywhere on the box or paperwork the phone is guaranteed against being dropped or abused.

What the Video shows is some body abusing the phone and I bet that video was not put out by the Mfg.

There are other phone companies out there if you are not happy with your phone..

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
There are other phone companies out there if you are not happy with your phone..

Now that's a pompous statement if I heard one.

When did Samsung start sending you all their incoming repair notices so you can make that informed statement? A Mobil phone is designed to take a certain drop. Most do without issues but there is history with issues with edge phones. Some are cracking WITHOUT a drop. When people spend almost 1K for a phone they expect some quality. Just because you have not had an issue dont belittle people that have. When my screen broke like cheap glass I could not just go get another brand. When I paid Samsung another $275 on top of a phone that should have been able to handle that drop, I dont expect them to drag their feet AFTER it has been already fix.

The phone is good but you cant manufacture 100,000s exactly the same without some defects or issues. The NEW super strong Gorilla glass being advertised seems to have issues.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Now that's a pompous statement if I heard one.

When did Samsung start sending you all their incoming repair notices so you can make that informed statement? A Mobil phone is designed to take a certain drop. Most do without issues but there is history with issues with edge phones. Some are cracking WITHOUT a drop. When people spend almost 1K for a phone they expect some quality. Just because you have not had an issue dont belittle people that have. When my screen broke like cheap glass I could not just go get another brand. When I paid Samsung another $275 on top of a phone that should have been able to handle that drop, I dont expect them to drag their feet AFTER it has been already fix.

The phone is good but you cant manufacture 100,000s exactly the same without some defects or issues. The NEW super strong Gorilla glass being advertised seems to have issues.
Ya ever had the privilege of talking to Samsung area reps.

boulianc

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a s7 (non-edge). My screen broke from 2 foot to a non hardwood floor. They are VERY weak. They seem to be taking a lot on some angle, but not even the weakest on others. I also feel that they wont do much much better with even the best case out there.

Dr Awkward

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Since about 1.1 million 7S and Edge 7s were sold nationwide in about ten days, there are probably right many needing new screens.
The drop my phone took would've cracked ANY screen (face first onto rough asphalt) so I have NO problem with the phone.
Edge 7s are a lot like the Edge 6 and I have not heard of any patterns of problems with them.
I also find the tone of CB60's post kind of strange.

Last edited:

Dr Awkward

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Got this last night:
“Thank you for your patience.
Your product was shipped on 4/20/2016 at 8:51 PM EST.”
Sounds like they didn't get off for 4:20, pun intended.

New screens and one speaker.
Happy that their April 25th estimate wasn't accurate.

Matthew_Goodman

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I got a new S7 edge last week, After the first fall from my bed, onto an up facing plug, the back glass has cracked along the edge

EE have advised that it seems to be a weak point on the phone and Samsung may replace it for you

Has anyone else heard of this 'Weak Spot' on the phone? to be exact, its the right hand side on the back cover, half way up.

Matthew

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Dropped mine again by mistake, it bounced, still no crack, do I have a super one or something? lol

Posted via the Android Central App

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
All phones screen will crack if it falls at a certain angle ...though I haven't cracked much of phone screens...once I lumia 1020 phone fell flat on screen side from my back pocket on wooden floor and screen cracked...later I have dropped phone many time but it had few scratches...that's it...and s7 edge being edge screen is more easy to crack ...it's just your luck how your phone falls...the most delicate phones I have seen is iphones
Best way to protect your phone is tempered glass and a case...if not then glass is a must

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4

Dr Awkward

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Got this last night:
“Thank you for your patience.
Your product was shipped on 4/20/2016 at 8:51 PM EST.”
Sounds like they didn't get off for 4:20, pun intended.

New screens and one speaker.
Happy that their April 25th estimate wasn't accurate.

UPS says phone will be here Monday.
Got a Tech21 Evo Wallet case Saturday ($40).
It has magnets to keep case closed unlike the more expensive wallet cases I've checked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty