BAD experience, I'm out....

Brett1024

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I can't believe that's not the first thing Verizon and Samsung would have had you do... unbelievable...

not to sounds arrogant but I walk into the Verizon stores knowing more than their employees. The guy was looking for a SIM card remover and I'm like, their is on in the box lmao.

Silly Putty

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Apple CS can't be beat. If Samsung ever truly wants to compete with Apple they better improve on their customer service because it is a huge advantage in favor of Apple.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site

nucleisoft

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Apple CS is very bad if your a partner with them, they take for ever to answer you and even charge you $50 dollars per question when something they have changed breaks your game.

UnlockedOnly

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but that is incorrect. TMO does loaners. A few months back I had an issue with my G4, went to TMO store. I gave them my G4, they gave me a loaner(not a G4) I had to give them $50.00 for the loaner. My new G4 arrived in the maiI 48 hours later. returned my loaner phone to the TMO store and they refunded my $50.00......happy happy !!! The $50.00 is for in the event you do not return the loaner back to them.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Once again, if they offered a loaner phone I wouldn't either. But, dismissive attitude from the store representative... He didn't even offer a number for Samsung support...

While I think you did the right thing going back to the iPhone so that you could use the 14 day opt out, I do think your response with the Verizon store flunkie was perhaps insufficient. When confronted with poor customer service from a line employee, the better course of action is to ask to speak to their manager and ask for clarification if this is the store's normal reaction to a paying customer. Unfortunately, every organization has bad employees - sometimes even bad teams as a whole. There are bad managers as well. But stopping your interaction at the flunkie on the floor and painting Verizon and Samsung as bad companies overall? Well, you're limiting yourself. No customer should helplessly give up in the face of a rude floor representative.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
No carriers will do loaner phones. That invites way too much hassle for them from actually getting the loaner back, to a loaner being returned damaged, and all that. Especially if you have a phone (your iPhone) you could use.

This. I feel like the OP provides a bit of bias. Carriers don't care how much he would spend on a plan because there's others who spend more than him, he won't get the priority on it. He should of just waited.

John Nemesh

May 31, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, it's not Samsung's problem here, they would repair the phone under warranty, but what you needed was a swap with a new unit. This is ALL on Verizon here! They SHOULD have helped you at the store, no questions asked...ESPECIALLY since you were within your 14 day return window! Get a better cell service provider.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, it's not Samsung's problem here, they would repair the phone under warranty, but what you needed was a swap with a new unit. This is ALL on Verizon here! They SHOULD have helped you at the store, no questions asked...ESPECIALLY since you were within your 14 day return window! Get a better cell service provider.

The issue was that they didn't have a new unit to swap...

rbiowa

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
My problem is that many of the responses have been is that somehow I'm trying to make Samsung (Android) look bad and go back to Apple to prove a point. Thank you to all that have offered advice and a supportive response. For those that question my motive, I'll call bul*^hit on that acquisition. I've owned at least 10 android and apple phones in the last three years. I don't like/dislike either OS. I'm looking for a phone that meets my needs/desires. I love how iPhone 'always' works. I love how Android is more customizable. I've been disappointed on how many Android apps are not as 'polished' as iOS. I've been disappointed that when I return to iOS that I'm annoyed that it is what it is and I can't do anything about it. I've been disappointed that I needed to restart my Android phones a few times a week because they've 'locked up'. I purchased an iPhone 6 and then an iPhone 6s Plus. Now I've decided to give Android another shot becuse I truly want to give it a shot. I want to because I find the curved screen, expandable storage and a level of customization appealing and I want to give another try. So, it didn't go smooth and I was frustrated by the lack of support. Some came to my support on my Apple support comments, and for you nay sayers, I have never been disappointed by Apple customer service EVER. Does that make me an Apple lover trying to put down Android by my REAL experience? Seriously? NO! Why have I crapped away so much money on HTC EVO's, Samsung S whatever, HTC M7, HTC M9, LG whatever, Nokia (to try Window?)?. Yes and THREE iPhone 5s's? Either I have a smartphone fetish or I'm am still in pursuit of the BEST smartphone I can find. Please don't EVER accuse me of baiting the participants of whatever forum I make my statement on as an attempt to trash any one 'category' of smartphone to make another look better. My honest opinion. My honest experience. If you can't offer a constructive comment, then just shut up!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My problem is that many of the responses have been is that somehow I'm trying to make Samsung (Android) look bad and go back to Apple to prove a point. Thank you to all that have offered advice and a supportive response. For those that question my motive, I'll call bul*^hit on that acquisition. I've owned at least 10 android and apple phones in the last three years. I don't like/dislike either OS. I'm looking for a phone that meets my needs/desires. I love how iPhone 'always' works. I love how Android is more customizable. I've been disappointed on how many Android apps are not as 'polished' as iOS. I've been disappointed that when I return to iOS that I'm annoyed that it is what it is and I can't do anything about it. I've been disappointed that I needed to restart my Android phones a few times a week because they've 'locked up'. I purchased an iPhone 6 and then an iPhone 6s Plus. Now I've decided to give Android another shot becuse I truly want to give it a shot. I want to because I find the curved screen, expandable storage and a level of customization appealing and I want to give another try. So, it didn't go smooth and I was frustrated by the lack of support. Some came to my support on my Apple support comments, and for you nay sayers, I have never been disappointed by Apple customer service EVER. Does that make me an Apple lover trying to put down Android by my REAL experience? Seriously? NO! Why have I crapped away so much money on HTC EVO's, Samsung S whatever, HTC M7, HTC M9, LG whatever, Nokia (to try Window?)?. Yes and THREE iPhone 5s's? Either I have a smartphone fetish or I'm am still in pursuit of the BEST smartphone I can find. Please don't EVER accuse me of baiting the participants of whatever forum I make my statement on as an attempt to trash any one 'category' of smartphone to make another look better. My honest opinion. My honest experience. If you can't offer a constructive comment, then just shut up!

I agree with most of your points, except the shut up part. Just tone it down a little bit and we're good. While several people wanted to make this android vs apple, blah blah - I'm more happy that you got your issue worked out and that those folks came out to help. Ignore haters and live like you want :)

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I received my new S7 Edge on Tuesday the 8th. Moving from an iPhone 6s Plus. Love the phone. Feels great in your hand. Would have enjoyed sticking with it, but.... Last night when I got on my flight from Atlanta, I went to turn the phone off and found that the on/off button no longer worked. I then tried the volume up button, it works, but the volume down button doesn't. Haven't dropped it. In fact it's still pristine. I went online this morning with Verizon and was instructed to go a company store and exchange it. Over lunch I went to Verizon and was told that they don't have 'any' in stock and aren't expecting any until early next month. To be fair it's because I have the infamous Silver S7 Edge. I asked, what I was supposed to do in the meantime. Could I get a loaner? No, rather abruptly, I was told to call Samsung. I called Samsung and was on hold for 22 minutes and 35 seconds until a CS representative came on the line. I was told that I could send it in for repair. I replied that it's only 9 days old, I want it replaced. She said the only way to get a replacement is to see my service provider. Samsung will only repair. So, since I'm in my 14 day window and I haven't sold my iPhone yet, I'm returning it tomorrow and reactivating my 6S plus. Sorry, I tried to switch, but I'm quite sure that I would have gotten a more satisfactory response with Apple in a timely manner. Bad service from Verizon, worse from Samsung. I should also add that I have 4 cell phone lines, 3 iPad lines, home phone and jet pack from Verizon. Obviously they don't care about how much $$$ I spend with them monthly.

You're correct. Apple would've exchanged. I've done it twice before.

Posted via the Android Central App

balthuszar

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I received my new S7 Edge on Tuesday the 8th. Moving from an iPhone 6s Plus. Love the phone. Feels great in your hand. Would have enjoyed sticking with it, but.... Last night when I got on my flight from Atlanta, I went to turn the phone off and found that the on/off button no longer worked. I then tried the volume up button, it works, but the volume down button doesn't. Haven't dropped it. In fact it's still pristine. I went online this morning with Verizon and was instructed to go a company store and exchange it. Over lunch I went to Verizon and was told that they don't have 'any' in stock and aren't expecting any until early next month. To be fair it's because I have the infamous Silver S7 Edge. I asked, what I was supposed to do in the meantime. Could I get a loaner? No, rather abruptly, I was told to call Samsung. I called Samsung and was on hold for 22 minutes and 35 seconds until a CS representative came on the line. I was told that I could send it in for repair. I replied that it's only 9 days old, I want it replaced. She said the only way to get a replacement is to see my service provider. Samsung will only repair. So, since I'm in my 14 day window and I haven't sold my iPhone yet, I'm returning it tomorrow and reactivating my 6S plus. Sorry, I tried to switch, but I'm quite sure that I would have gotten a more satisfactory response with Apple in a timely manner. Bad service from Verizon, worse from Samsung. I should also add that I have 4 cell phone lines, 3 iPad lines, home phone and jet pack from Verizon. Obviously they don't care about how much $$$ I spend with them monthly.

had a similar experience with samsung and verizon, oddly. back when the galaxy s series first started, when all the carriers had their own version. verizon had the fascinate. it was well known that the galaxy s series had problems with the gps locking on, about a month after we had the phone, we were sent an update to fix the gps, but that update broke the emergency call button. about a week later they sent out an update to fix the emergency call button, but that update broke kies(or whatever allowed you to connect your phone to a computer and transfer data)...we called verizon, verizon told us to call samsung, as it was 'their update.' samsung told us since it still worked as a phone, it wasn't broken, and there wasn't anything they were going to do. this is one of the reasons i jumped off of verizon as soon as i had the chance, and also why i'll never buy another samsung mobile product

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress