04-18-2017 06:54 AM
26 12
tools
    Hey,
    I'm using Samsung stock email and sms apps on my S7 Edge but they don't show notifications when the Always On Display is turned on. Even a missed call wouldn't show up.
    "Hide notifications on lock screen" is off and every other related option is checked and re-checked.
    It just doesn't work.
    Is it a bug, or there is something I don't know?
    Cheers!
    03-23-2016 04:40 PM
    Are you using stock?
    03-23-2016 05:14 PM
    Aod only supports the phone and messages.
    03-23-2016 05:22 PM
    Hey,
    I'm using Samsung stock email and sms apps on my S7 Edge but they don't show notifications when the Always On Display is turned on. Even a missed call wouldn't show up.
    "Hide notifications on lock screen" is off and every other related option is checked and re-checked.
    It just doesn't work.
    Is it a bug, or there is something I don't know?
    Cheers!
    how long are you waiting for the notification to appear? i haven't paid much attention to it, but maybe the poll time is longer than you are waiting for the screen to refresh its data?

also if you're using the calendar AOD mode then you won't see any notifications, just the clock, calendar, and battery %.
    03-23-2016 05:32 PM
    how long are you waiting for the notification to appear? i haven't paid much attention to it, but maybe the poll time is longer than you are waiting for the screen to refresh its data?

also if you're using the calendar AOD mode then you won't see any notifications, just the clock, calendar, and battery %.
    Well, when I first noticed that I had a missed call(good old LED) but no icon in AOD it had been passed about 15min.
    Emails - all night and only LED, no icon whatsoever.
    03-23-2016 05:38 PM
    Well, when I first noticed that I had a missed call(good old LED) but no icon in AOD it had been passed about 15min.
    Emails - all night and only LED, no icon whatsoever.
    which AOD mode are you using? the clock? or the calendar?

i use the calendar, but if you're using the clock i can switch it and test it out.
    03-23-2016 05:42 PM
    which AOD mode are you using? the clock? or the calendar?

i use the calendar, but if you're using the clock i can switch it and test it out.
    I tried with both the calendar and various clock themes - nothing changed.
    I even disabled Gmail, cuz i thought it could mess up with the stock, but that wasn't the case either.
    03-23-2016 05:46 PM
    I could not get any notifications when using the calender AOD, but I do get messages and missed calls when using just the clock options in AOD. Nothing on emails in either, and I'm using the stock email app for an exchange work account.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2016 05:52 PM
    I tried with both the calendar and various clock themes - nothing changed.
    I even disabled Gmail, cuz i thought it could mess up with the stock, but that wasn't the case either.
    hmm, i'll switch mine and call myself and see what happens

update:

i jsut tried it out and i get the missed call notification basically instantly (as soon as the screen times out and AOD turns on)

are you sure you're not hiding notifications either in the app settings or in lock screen and security?
    03-23-2016 06:19 PM
    Moderator, I upgraded from the S5 to the S7 Edge. Battery life is great. Absolutely love the new phone. It would be great, though, if the AOD was expanded to include gmail and mail notifications, local weather and agenda for the day. Any hope for that in the foreseeable future?
    03-24-2016 10:00 AM
    You'd have to ask Samsung that question, not the mod. This is an independent site, with no relationship to Samsung at all.

But yes, I think everyone agrees that AOD should show all notifications, not just from Samsung's apps.
    03-24-2016 12:19 PM
    Moderator, I upgraded from the S5 to the S7 Edge. Battery life is great. Absolutely love the new phone. It would be great, though, if the AOD was expanded to include gmail and mail notifications, local weather and agenda for the day. Any hope for that in the foreseeable future?
    Your edge feed can do some of that

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-24-2016 01:44 PM
    I was getting notification with AOD, but for some reason they stopped. I'm not sure if it's something I did, or a bug. But the notifications are so limited, both in what apps work and the information displayed, I just turned AOD off. It's rare that I'm far enough from a watch or clock or computer that I need to check the time on my phone.
    03-28-2016 11:44 AM
    I did some digging and found a setting that might help with your missing icons. Go to Settings>Personal>Lock Screen and Security>Notification Access
    Make sure "Always on Display" is set to "ON"
    It fixed my problem with the S7 Edge
    10-18-2016 04:22 PM
    I did some digging and found a setting that might help with your missing icons. Go to Settings>Personal>Lock Screen and Security>Notification Access
    Make sure "Always on Display" is set to "ON"
    It fixed my problem with the S7 Edge
    I don't even see the same settings menu you mentioned on my S7E.
    10-18-2016 05:11 PM
    Opps, I missed one. Settings>Personal(tab)>Lock screen and security>other security settings>notification access>
    Make sure "Always on Display" is on.
    It's still doesn't show the email icon but it does show the sms icon.
    10-18-2016 05:21 PM
    The s7 edge aod does not show 3rd party notifications like the n7 does it will only show missed call a message hope samsung updates the s7 edge soon to show it like the note 7 did
    10-19-2016 02:12 AM
    Man, I wish Samsung would open up the the API to allow third party apps. The lack of that support kind of makes it useless. SMH.
    10-19-2016 06:30 AM
    I agree that AOD is pretty useless without the third party notifications. I turned mine off until there is an update that allows third party notifications, right now it's just wasted battery usage
    kabeeo likes this.
    10-19-2016 06:38 AM
    After all the screwing around trying to get the stock app to work, I finally gave up on it. Go to google play and download "Always On AMOLED - BETA". It works GREAT!
    10-19-2016 09:17 AM
    I agree that AOD is pretty useless without the third party notifications. I turned mine off until there is an update that allows third party notifications, right now it's just wasted battery usage
    I love the AOD - even more so now that they updated it to look more like my beloved Note 7's AOD. I have the Samsung wireless charging stand on my nightstand, so at night I put the phone in it and use it as an alarm clock. Even without the third-party icons it's perfect for this use case.
    10-19-2016 09:26 AM
    The s7 edge aod does not show 3rd party notifications like the n7 does it will only show missed call a message hope samsung updates the s7 edge soon to show it like the note 7 did
    For the most part, yes but oddly enough, I noticed this morning that AOD was showing the songs playing. I am using PowerAmp as my music player. I thought that was interesting.. I thought it only worked for Play Music.
    10-19-2016 12:54 PM
    So, let me get this straight, the AOD that comes with the Galaxy s7 Edge does not work properly. Meaning, that in order for me to see notifications (emails, missed call, etc) I have to download a completely new app that does all the things the AOD does not. It actually gives you a preview of what the stand-by will look like when enable, which includes these notifications. But, really what I got was the clock, date, battery life. NO EMAIL, NO MISSED CALL. Why even have it pre-installed on the phone if it doesn't do what is promised? I went from a Galaxy Note 7 to this??? Thanks Samsung!
    10-21-2016 11:32 AM
    So, let me get this straight, the AOD that comes with the Galaxy s7 Edge does not work properly. Meaning, that in order for me to see notifications (emails, missed call, etc) I have to download a completely new app that does all the things the AOD does not. It actually gives you a preview of what the stand-by will look like when enable, which includes these notifications. But, really what I got was the clock, date, battery life. NO EMAIL, NO MISSED CALL. Why even have it pre-installed on the phone if it doesn't do what is promised? I went from a Galaxy Note 7 to this??? Thanks Samsung!
    No. The S7 AOD was the first iteration of the feature which got upgraded on the Note 7.

The S7E upgrade will come with Nougat.
    10-21-2016 12:18 PM
    Hello
    I am very disappointed with the always on screen display, when I first had the phone the missed calls and e-mails showed up, but for some reason they dont now. can someone help ,I have tried all the comments on the forum
    john
    12-05-2016 10:20 AM
26 12