No notifications in Always On Display mode

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree that AOD is pretty useless without the third party notifications. I turned mine off until there is an update that allows third party notifications, right now it's just wasted battery usage

I love the AOD - even more so now that they updated it to look more like my beloved Note 7's AOD. I have the Samsung wireless charging stand on my nightstand, so at night I put the phone in it and use it as an alarm clock. Even without the third-party icons it's perfect for this use case.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The s7 edge aod does not show 3rd party notifications like the n7 does it will only show missed call a message hope samsung updates the s7 edge soon to show it like the note 7 did

For the most part, yes but oddly enough, I noticed this morning that AOD was showing the songs playing. I am using PowerAmp as my music player. I thought that was interesting.. I thought it only worked for Play Music.

Team Harris

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
So, let me get this straight, the AOD that comes with the Galaxy s7 Edge does not work properly. Meaning, that in order for me to see notifications (emails, missed call, etc) I have to download a completely new app that does all the things the AOD does not. It actually gives you a preview of what the stand-by will look like when enable, which includes these notifications. But, really what I got was the clock, date, battery life. NO EMAIL, NO MISSED CALL. Why even have it pre-installed on the phone if it doesn't do what is promised? I went from a Galaxy Note 7 to this??? Thanks Samsung!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
So, let me get this straight, the AOD that comes with the Galaxy s7 Edge does not work properly. Meaning, that in order for me to see notifications (emails, missed call, etc) I have to download a completely new app that does all the things the AOD does not. It actually gives you a preview of what the stand-by will look like when enable, which includes these notifications. But, really what I got was the clock, date, battery life. NO EMAIL, NO MISSED CALL. Why even have it pre-installed on the phone if it doesn't do what is promised? I went from a Galaxy Note 7 to this??? Thanks Samsung!

No. The S7 AOD was the first iteration of the feature which got upgraded on the Note 7.

The S7E upgrade will come with Nougat.

Johnhenworth

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello
I am very disappointed with the always on screen display, when I first had the phone the missed calls and e-mails showed up, but for some reason they dont now. can someone help ,I have tried all the comments on the forum
john

181sandy

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Hey,
I'm using Samsung stock email and sms apps on my S7 Edge but they don't show notifications when the Always On Display is turned on. Even a missed call wouldn't show up.
"Hide notifications on lock screen" is off and every other related option is checked and re-checked.
It just doesn't work.
Is it a bug, or there is something I don't know?
Cheers!

You need to make sure you have your lock screen set up.