Edge lighting extension on notifications

andrewqp

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Did you updated the app with the latest version 2.3, released recently?

If yes please give us an email with a details about the problem, because we fixed in the latest update because we managed to simulate the error on our device, maybe it is about something else because of this we would like to send us an email.

Thank you sir!

andrewqp

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Just FYI, I'm not having any problems with my selected apps resetting. I don't think I have anywhere near 150 apps installed, though.

Now we know for sure that the number of installed apps doesn't have anything to do with this bug, because we installed over 250 apps on our phones, selected over 200 apps from choose apps and it worked great. We made a lot of tests and it was ok. We released a fix with the last update, because we had the same problem on a Sony Xperia Z2 phone, exactly the same problem, and after the fix works great for almost 24hrs without a bug or error.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your answear, it helped us a lot. One more thing if you can bare with us it will be great :).

Did you observe if sometimes you have a smaller number of apps in choosing apps? If the answear is yes, we think that we know the problem and we are trying to fix it.

If anyone has any problems, please tell us here or via the email în order to help you. We are doing our best to improve our app and your feedback it is verry important for us.

Ps: you have a PM from us

I didn't observe that. As far as I could tell, all my apps were listed all the time.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi Bag of Leaves, we just release v2.3 in store and we strongly advice to a clean install, which means to uninstall the previous version of the app and install this one, it may help you. We fixed some bugs today and maybe it will fix your problem too. Please tell us if the things are the same or now it is better. Thank you and have a great day.

Just tried it and the problem is still there.

piannetta

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you updated the app with the latest version 2.3, released recently?

If yes please give us an email with a details about the problem, because we fixed in the latest update because we managed to simulate the error on our device, maybe it is about something else because of this we would like to send us an email.

Thank you sir!

Yes, it was v 2.3 I installed. Not sure what more I can say about the problem, I and Bag of Leaves have described it pretty well, let me know what further details you need and what email address to send it to and I'll be happy to work with you on solving this problem.

andrewqp

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, unfortunate just you two guys have this problem, no one encountered this until now. Just a quick recap: you both have made a clean reinstall of the app. You don;t have the lite version installed, you turned on Edge Lighting in Accessibility Service and when you press choosing apps and when you have the list of the apps installed on your device, you try to select a specifically app (let's say gmail for example), but the switch doesn't turns on? Or it turn on but modality turns off? Or when you exist from the list app, in the primary menu in the choosing apps field, where you have to choose a color, you don;t have any of the app selected?

Have you manage to select an app and assign a color? If yes, the app worked for that app? Do you have a custom rom or the default one? Do you have an app installed for customize notifications? What type of phones do you have specifically?

This is our email: contact.edgeligting@gmail.com (you can find it in our app) it would be easier to talk over there in order to find the problem and try to fix it.

piannetta

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, unfortunate just you two guys have this problem, no one encountered this until now. Just a quick recap: you both have made a clean reinstall of the app. You don;t have the lite version installed, you turned on Edge Lighting in Accessibility Service and when you press choosing apps and when you have the list of the apps installed on your device, you try to select a specifically app (let's say gmail for example), but the switch doesn't turns on? Or it turn on but modality turns off? Or when you exist from the list app, in the primary menu in the choosing apps field, where you have to choose a color, you don;t have any of the app selected?

Have you manage to select an app and assign a color? If yes, the app worked for that app? Do you have a custom rom or the default one? Do you have an app installed for customize notifications? What type of phones do you have specifically?

This is our email: contact.edgeligting@gmail.com (you can find it in our app) it would be easier to talk over there in order to find the problem and try to fix it.

Pretty much as you described, I'll mail you directly and take it from there

piannetta

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Andrew, just got an error trying to mail you, email address doesn't exist. I just clicked on the address in your previous post

Posted via the Android Central App

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
OK, I have a S7 Edge, have the full purchased version on my phone. The app has been enabled under settings, accessibility, services. The edge panels themselves are disabled.

As soon as I enter the app and try to choose an application the app crashes. Once in awhile I can get in, but the app crashes as I scroll down. I have 170 apps installed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same results.
The app doesn't work.

My os is the stock Verizon build. I was able to choose ONE app and assign a color, that app is verizon messages +.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site

Pro version, turned on in Accessibility, clean reinstall. When I toggle an app in the list, it turns on, but if I scroll down and then scroll back up, it toggles off. So, I try not to scroll up, but even then, only some of the chosen apps appear in the primary menu where you choose the colors. For instance, the last time I did it, I counted the number of apps I was toggling on and it was 14, but in the primary color-choosing menu after, there were only 9 apps.

Yes, I can assign a color to any of the apps that do appear in the primary menu. I didn't have it on long enough to see if they worked. No custom ROM, not rooted, etc. I don't have any other notifications app installed. I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from Sprint. Have had it for less than two weeks.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Pretty much as you described, I'll mail you directly and take it from there

I'm seeing the same behaviour.

Selected apps don't stay selected and if they do select you then can't unselect them, plus I've never been able to select more than 3 apps at once.

andrewqp

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
We are very sorry to hear that this bug is persisting. We are looking into this with all our resources but we are not able to reproduce the problem.
Can someone with this issue record their screen and send us the video to be sure that we understood the problem? (we recommend az screen recorder from play store or any other app)

Also we have a beta version that may show us some other details about this error. You can help us solve this problem by accepting to beta test that version.

PS: i am really sorry for the email, I am a liitle bit tired and i forgot a letter: contact.edgelighting@gmail.com

andrewqp

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Another customer had the same issue and he just managed to solve the problem for him. He said this : "so I just kept toggling on/off the application itself (within the application) and exiting the app and clearing it from the running background applications, then I went in and toggled each app and repeated the process I just described.
Now it is working perfectly fine."

We will look into the initialization of our database. Until then this may be a quick fix for this bug.

piannetta

May 13, 2012
Visit site
We are very sorry to hear that this bug is persisting. We are looking into this with all our resources but we are not able to reproduce the problem.
Can someone with this issue record their screen and send us the video to be sure that we understood the problem? (we recommend az screen recorder from play store or any other app)

Also we have a beta version that may show us some other details about this error. You can help us solve this problem by accepting to beta test that version.

PS: i am really sorry for the email, I am a liitle bit tired and i forgot a letter: contact.edgelighting@gmail.com

Screen recorded, mailing shortly

andrewqp

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

@piannetta, @Bag of Leaves, @dmarcus48 and @Alanhd I have a proposal for you, would you like to enter in our beta-testing group where you will receive automatically updates with our newest version of the app to see if your problems where fixed? Unfortunately it is very hard to fix this problem without testing, because we don't have it on our devices and we can't simulate it.

But with you help we can give you a few versions of the app to see which one fixes your problems.

The process is very easy, if you accept, please give us a PM with you email address from Google market and we will give you a link. After that we will add you on our group from G+ where we can keep in touch and announce you when we release a new update and you could report to us the effects.

We are still trying different versions of the app but we don't want to release it on the store before we tested on your devices.

Thank you a lot and have a great day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non