Restored S7: Want to move photos from Google Photos to Gallery App. I can't figure out how?

JMRE5150

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Restored S7: Want to move photos from Google Photos to Gallery App. I can't figure out how.

Had to reset my phone last night (contacts issue) and I now have all my photos in Google Photos, but only one photo (that I randomly took with the camera) in Gallery. How do I move them from Photos to the Gallery? I have read a ton of threads on this, and most are older, for the S5 or S6, but I see no solution. Yes I have Google sync on, yes, I tried the force stop thingy, and still nothing works. I find it hard to believe it is this difficult to transfer simple photos from one app to another. Also, why on earth can you not make a Google Photos app a wallpaper? Really? Only gallery photos? Sigh.

Completely frustrated.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Restored S7: Want to move photos from Google Photos to Gallery App. I can't figure out how.

What version of the Photos app do you have? On mine, I can select a photo and select the "use as" target from the three-dot menu and set it as my wallpaper from there.

As for moving photos... Google Photos kind of seamlessly shows you pictures that are both on your device and registered with the media server as well as photos that are stored in up on the Photos container inside Google Drive (your cloud storage). So if a photo is in Photos and not in your local gallery, then it's up there in the cloud. You have a couple of options... depends on how you want them handled. Do you want those photos lumped in there with the newer pictures you take (So they would be in sdcard/DCIM) or just have them locally?

There are a ton of ways... In terms of ease of use, I would say the easiest way would be to go on to a desktop browser, go to Photos and download all the pictures you want on your phone. Pop your phone on to the computer with a USB and copy the files over into the directory of your choice... Photos will be smart enough to do duplicate file detection, so you won't get multiple copies stored in the cloud.

Now, you can do this all on the phone, mind you, but phones aren't really all that great at doing a bunch of file operations.

tahawertariq

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Restored S7: Want to move photos from Google Photos to Gallery App. I can't figure out how.

If i do this, will the photos organize in chronological order like they were in google photos? Or do i have to manually edit the dates using the PCs photo editor?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87