Cannot setup WiFi calling

joconn11

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I have s7 Edge from Sprint (previously had Note4 with no problem on these same networks). When I try to setup wifi calling from 4 different networks/SSIDs it just loops from saving my e911 address to turn on wifi calling to save my address etc. I have tried a soft reset, wipe data cache, restart phone, ##brand# in phone dialer, stood outside while connected wifi network. Location setting for GPS, wireless, and cellular network option is on. Also tried with Smart Switch on and off. WiFi calling is enabled on Sprint. Any suggestions appreciated

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Is the app itself looping or do you mean it won't authenticate? If the latter, turn on the Wi-Fi Calling and then restart your phone. When it turns back on, it should authenticate just fine even after you turn it of and restart the phone and such. If the former, I don't know why the app would be changing screens on you.

joconn11

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I turn on wifi calling, it goes to the address screen, then I hit next, it goes back to turn on wifi calling, then it goes back to enter address, I hit next, then it goes to turn on wifi calling etc...IF i change the address, it will say save then go back to to turn on wifi calling.....and continue that previous loop

joconn11

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Problem fixed....after speaking with Sprint they pushed a new update through. Turn the wifi off first, then reboot. Since updates are usually scheduled once a week and most of us have "update under wifi only" once the phone connects to the network any updates will show and then you are asked to download update. So my problem fixed. Thanks all

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I turn on wifi calling, it goes to the address screen, then I hit next, it goes back to turn on wifi calling, then it goes back to enter address, I hit next, then it goes to turn on wifi calling etc...IF i change the address, it will say save then go back to to turn on wifi calling.....and continue that previous loop

I'm glad you got it fixed, but I am confused by this because those are the two screens for the app. You use the regular dialer to make the calls.