Can I see my saved passwords on Samsung Internet?

A

AC Question

Can I see my saved passwords on Samsung Internet

I'm trying to see some saved passwords on Samsung Internet on my S7 Edge. I'm been through most of the settings and I can't find the option. Anyone have any clue how to do this if its possible? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I see my saved passwords on Samsung Internet

Where's the "Samsung internet"? I was under the impression that we all used the same internet. If you mean passwords you saved when you were using a Samsung phone, on what app? (You should be using a password safe to keep them, so you can just look at them locally.)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Samsung's Internet app. Add opposed to chrome or whatever

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Use an app like 1password.

Posted via the Android Central App

Eric Larsen

May 6, 2017
Visit site
There is a way to view or edit the passwords that the Samsung Internet app uses. Go to Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Samsung Pass (under Fingerprints). You then verify your identity using a registered fingerprint. After that go to Web Sign In Information, then select the account or web page you want to access the login for. You'll then see the account/web page details. Click the 3 dots at the top right, then select Edit. You can then change any of the information, and there's also a Show Password option you can click on.

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
There is a way to view or edit the passwords that the Samsung Internet app uses. Go to Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Samsung Pass (under Fingerprints). You then verify your identity using a registered fingerprint. After that go to Web Sign In Information, then select the account or web page you want to access the login for. You'll then see the account/web page details. Click the 3 dots at the top right, then select Edit. You can then change any of the information, and there's also a Show Password option you can click on.

Hi Eric. :)

I see no one came back to thank you for your post. I too wanted to know where I could find the passwords Samsung Internet saves for websites. Basically the same thing Google has for the Chrome browser. I searched Google and found this thread.

So thank you very much for posting the answer. :)

However, I have a problem:

I went to Samsung Pass and setup biometrics. But after setting it up and going to > Web sign in infoformation... there are no entries. My website passwords must be saved in Samsung Internet because it always remembers my login information. I was assuming this was case because I've only, just now setup Samsung Pass. But even after setting it up and logging into 3 or 4 websites there are still no entries appearing in 'Web sign in info'

Would anyone happen to know why this is happening? The passwords must be saved somewhere else too, but where?

Mant thanks in advance. :)

jmsnyc

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi Eric. :)

I see no one came back to thank you for your post. I too wanted to know where I could find the passwords Samsung Internet saves for websites. Basically the same thing Google has for the Chrome browser. I searched Google and found this thread.

So thank you very much for posting the answer. :)

However, I have a problem:

I went to Samsung Pass and setup biometrics. But after setting it up and going to > Web sign in infoformation... there are no entries. My website passwords must be saved in Samsung Internet because it always remembers my login information. I was assuming this was case because I've only, just now setup Samsung Pass. But even after setting it up and logging into 3 or 4 websites there are still no entries appearing in 'Web sign in info'

Would anyone happen to know why this is happening? The passwords must be saved somewhere else too, but where?

Mant thanks in advance. :)

I figured it out. I know this is an old post but I got rid of chrome and have been relying on Sammy browser more. Follow steps above, and like you said no entries. Go to browser settings and click privacy and then you see saved sign ons with a toggle, click on the row not the toggle. At first I checked Advanced but unlike Chrome, Privacy is not under Advanced.
No option I could find to view passwords. But under 3 dot menu option to move to Samsung Pass. Choose acct you need and move it. I'm checking now as I post.

Worked!

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
I figured it out. I know this is an old post but I got rid of chrome and have been relying on Sammy browser more. Follow steps above, and like you said no entries. Go to browser settings and click privacy and then you see saved sign ons with a toggle, click on the row not the toggle. At first I checked Advanced but unlike Chrome, Privacy is not under Advanced.
No option I could find to view passwords. But under 3 dot menu option to move to Samsung Pass. Choose acct you need and move it. I'm checking now as I post.

Worked!

Hi there Jmsnyc. :)

I had totally forgotten about this thread. I was going to do what you suggested but before that I thought I'd check in Samsung Pass (in the global settings) to see if (unlike last time) anything was there. And to my surprise every sign in was actually there, under samsung pass. :)

Screenshot_20180427-233946_Photos.jpg

Very strange that they were all there this time. Maybe one of the Android updates fixed the issue because they certainly weren't there a month ago.

But if it wasn't for you posting I would never have checked. :D Cheers! :)

AmazingRigby

Jul 5, 2018
Visit site
Samsung j7 here.
Just figured it out for my phone
Settings -> Google -> Smart Lock for Passwords

Then, I had to log onto Google accout

But, once there, I was able to see all my stored passwords and delete those I wanted to delete

Daryl Bird

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes go to Samsung Pass identify yourself. Once you open Samsung Pass App you can see your saved passwords for individual accounts

Last edited:

jmsnyc

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, as many posted , Samsung Pass is in your applications. Though there is a toggle as whether or not to show it there so it could be off, In which case you have to do one of the steps above but just go to your app menu. Almost too easy

Was wondering if there is a way to export them to an excel file. There is an app to do it from Firefox on a pc. For the purposes of importing them to Bitwarden

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, as many posted , Samsung Pass is in your applications. Though there is a toggle as whether or not to show it there so it could be off, In which case you have to do one of the steps above but just go to your app menu. Almost too easy

Was wondering if there is a way to export them to an excel file. There is an app to do it from Firefox on a pc. For the purposes of importing them to Bitwarden

I've never seen any options for exporting data.

I'd be surprised if anyone at Samsung knows the meaning of the word 'export'. :p

Someone somewhere surely knows a way though. Maybe with Android SDK, ADB etc.

:)

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi there Jmsnyc. :)

I had totally forgotten about this thread. I was going to do what you suggested but before that I thought I'd check in Samsung Pass (in the global settings) to see if (unlike last time) anything was there. And to my surprise every sign in was actually there, under samsung pass. :)

View attachment 283389

Very strange that they were all there this time. Maybe one of the Android updates fixed the issue because they certainly weren't there a month ago.

But if it wasn't for you posting I would never have checked. :D Cheers! :)

I am on Android 6 on a Galaxy Note 4. I could not find "Samsung Pass" under "Lock Screen and Security".

Also, it's called only "Lock Screen" for me under Settings within the Settings Android app.

I too want to view my Samsung Pass passwords.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Samsung j7 here.
Just figured it out for my phone
Settings -> Google -> Smart Lock for Passwords

Then, I had to log onto Google accout

But, once there, I was able to see all my stored passwords and delete those I wanted to delete

I don't see this after going to Settings - - > Google.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

Worked!

In the Samsung Internet app, I go to Personal Data - - > Username and passwords, and I can see my login name to sites. But not the password.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am on Android 6 on a Galaxy Note 4. I could not find "Samsung Pass" under "Lock Screen and Security".

Also, it's called only "Lock Screen" for me under Settings within the Settings Android app.

I too want to view my Samsung Pass passwords.
This a older thread so might not get much response here , i dont think the Note 4 had Samsung pass as it came out later like 2017

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
This a older thread so might not get much response here , i dont think the Note 4 had Samsung pass as it came out later like 2017

I guess it's called Saved With Fingerprints, and not Samsung Pass.

Looks like there's some simarities. Is there a way to see these passwords?

Here's a screen shot of what comes up when I want to log in using one of these saved passwords, on Samsung Internet browser:

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2021-12-24-14-58-20.png
    SmartSelectImage_2021-12-24-14-58-20.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 4