06-05-2016 11:48 AM
82 1234
tools
    The many headphones designed for iPhone headsets are incompatible with other devices. In general the audio out and one button control on such headsets will work, but the audio-in (microphone) and volume controls will not. Some headset manufacturers produce dual version products that have wider support (presumably supporting more than one signalling method), but working out which is which is a little hit and miss. Its advisable to avoid iPhone specific headset accessories where possible; instead look for AHJ or OMTP compatibility as suited to your specific device.
    But the samsung headphones suitable for almost all the devices. and as your requirements you can opt iphone 6S, there are some more other aspects which places s7 edge and it's awesome.
    05-24-2016 04:32 AM
    Other question, about the sound. I have read that many complain about the volume which is too low. Impressions?
    I haven't used my headphones with my S7 Edge yet, but have used speakers with it and I don't recall noticing a difference in volume level from my S3.

Your best bet is to get a high-quality pair of headphones. My Polk Audio noise-cancelling on-the-ear headphones are amazing - you hear things in the music you have never heard in it before - and I don't really need to use the music app's equalizer to enhance it (but on my tiny bathroom speakers and house's in-ceiling speakers I do). BTW, I did notice that the S7 Edge has a more quality, clearer sound from my tiny bathroom speakers than my S3 had at the same volume.
    05-24-2016 04:40 AM
    Quality of songs in any android phone cannot match iTunes converted music files in your iPhone mp3 is much lesser quality of sound than converted mp3 through iTunes which I think AAC.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Android can play FLACC. This is lossless, and is in fact one of the best, if not the best formats for audio quality. Even the best quality mp3 is inferior to that.
    05-24-2016 04:56 AM
    Quality of songs in any android phone cannot match iTunes converted music files in your iPhone mp3 is much lesser quality of sound than converted mp3 through iTunes which I think AAC.

That's just silly nonsense. Using iSyncr, my iTunes music is synced to my GS7 Edge in the same format that it is when synced to my iPhone using iTunes. No difference whatsoever.
    05-24-2016 10:07 AM
    I use mediamonkey on my PC and on my S7. It allows me to wireless sync which is so handy.
    05-24-2016 12:14 PM
    My Samsung headset also uses that same configuration as the iphone jack. So I guess they should be interchangeable now? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...57166fee56.jpg
    That's a headset. They all are TRRS. The issue there is that apple uses a different method to switch between ground and audio channel to control volume, and a different method between ground and mic to play/pause/answer calls even though the rings are the same and in the same order.

It might work. There are ways to add a bit of circuitry inside the little capsule where the volume/play buttons are to force compatibility, but not every company tries to do it.

Apple uses the TRRS configuration even on older headphones without a mic. because the way they control volume needs the audio channels (the RR rings) in a certain spot. There's nothing wrong with their way, and it might even be better than the standard. But since it's not standard, it means not everything will work everywhere.

ThinkDifferent.
    05-24-2016 12:45 PM
    PowerAmp is a very good music client. I use Google Music though mostly and it works very well. Music quality wise, when connected with a wire through Android Auto, the quality is the same as the iPhone music player with Apple Music on my work iPhone and Car Play.

Wildo6882 likes this.
    05-24-2016 12:50 PM
    Am I the only one that can download music from iTunes and have it automatically appear in my Google Music miraculously with no 3rd party app?
    05-24-2016 01:31 PM
    I haven't used my headphones with my S7 Edge yet, but have used speakers with it and I don't recall noticing a difference in volume level from my S3.

Your best bet is to get a high-quality pair of headphones. My Polk Audio noise-cancelling on-the-ear headphones are amazing - you hear things in the music you have never heard in it before - and I don't really need to use the music app's equalizer to enhance it (but on my tiny bathroom speakers and house's in-ceiling speakers I do). BTW, I did notice that the S7 Edge has a more quality, clearer sound from my tiny bathroom speakers than my S3 had at the same volume.
    I have several pairs of good headphones and earbuds. The volume level in the S7e struggles to drive some hp. Way lower than some of the older Samsung.
    05-24-2016 01:45 PM
    Am I the only one that can download music from iTunes and have it automatically appear in my Google Music miraculously with no 3rd party app?
    No, but there are many of us that prefer all our music to be on the SD card and not just the cloud.

05-24-2016 01:59 PM

I remember the first time I used noise cancelling headphones how blown away I was hearings parts of songs I had never heard before even though I had listened to the songs for years.

I find the S7 speakers for myself to be loud. For example I was just playing Sims Freeplay and I turned the volume up and was like "too loud" and turned it back to half volume. That's just me though so anyone else could be different
    05-24-2016 02:51 PM
    I have several pairs of good headphones and earbuds. The volume level in the S7e struggles to drive some hp. Way lower than some of the older Samsung.
    It seemed adequate to me when I tested it in a store. Guess anyone has its own internal "level".
    05-24-2016 04:14 PM
    I have a 200 gb sdcard which i fill up with my music. All the music is purchased from itunes on the desktop, and just dragged and dropped to the card. There i either use Usb audio player pro to play all my music. WHen am at home, i use HD 598s for relaxed listening and ATH M50x headphone for more driven, along with a fiio q1 or just use it natively. The S7 Exynos version comes with a Cirrus Logic/Wolfson Audiochip. This is a pretty good setup for a phone and sounds pretty good.
    05-24-2016 04:40 PM
    No, but there are many of us that prefer all our music to be on the SD card and not just the cloud.

Say what? I can save my google play music to my phone.
    05-24-2016 06:22 PM
    AFAIK Google music saves to phone memory, not SD card.
    05-24-2016 06:36 PM
    Either way it's not the cloud

05-24-2016 08:20 PM
    You can go into setting in play music and have it save to your ad card.

05-24-2016 11:23 PM
    Are the S7 stock earbuds decent?
    05-25-2016 05:54 AM
    Are the S7 stock earbuds decent?
    I actually haven't used them yet. Lol. The earbuds I use are Samsung, but these are from from my brother's A8. He didn't want to use in ear type headsets. Same quality as the ones in stock Note 2. The ones in the S7 are different with similar ear design to the ones in the iPhone.
    05-25-2016 07:17 AM
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned DoubleTwist yet. It takes whatever songs or playlists from your iTunes and then syncs them with your android phone via bluetooth. Viola! All iTunes music now on your SD card.
    On a side note, I also use PowerAmp media player to adjust everything to my liking afterwards.
    05-25-2016 07:36 AM
    The S7 earbuds are really good this time. The Note 5 earbuds didn't fit very well, but they've made the necessary changes so they fit and sound great. Most earbuds I can't leave in for an extended period of time, but I did 4 or 5 hours of yard work with them in and still felt great.
    05-25-2016 07:38 AM
    I went in exactly the opposite direction -- after off and on years with Android and Apple iOS, I finally gave up on the iPhone 6 Plus, and I'll tell you why, its just boring. I love my S7Edge -- it feels great in the hand, and it works smoothly. The photos are better than those on the iPhone 6S plus, I did a comparison awhile back a few months ago. BUT -- if you are in an iTunes economy, things just don't work right anymore with a Mac and the Edge. Probably on a PC you are ok, but I use Macs exclusively and nothing works to sync properly between iTunes and your Android -- at least not without jailbreaking your phones. I use Poweramp for music on my Edge and its fantastic -- but I end up uploading all my music that I want to transfer to Drop Box then downloading on the Edge. Alternately, I take out the microSD, copy over all the music I want in moments, and put it back into the phone. Quickest way to do it.
    05-25-2016 07:41 AM
    By downloading it song by song, correct? I just sync once with iTunes using iSyncr and all my music is there. Any changes are automatically updated next time I sync. No muss, no fuss. Oh, and I can also have playlists with more than 1,000 songs. Try that using Google Play Music.
    05-25-2016 08:59 AM
    Same with Google Music Manager. Set it up once and everything automatically appears in Google Music after purchasing on iTunes. No 3rd party app required.
    05-25-2016 10:05 AM
    I have used both android and ios devices in my life. The smartphones I have used go in this order:

S2, S4, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6 plus, S6 and now the S7. What made me change in the first place was I got the dreaded charger port issue on the S4 and it just wouldn't charge anymore. When I was told it would cost $180 to be repaired I was too nervous to get another Samsung device worried that the same thing would happen on it. So I got a mobile repayment plan for an iPhone 5c. I loved apple so much that when it came to Feb last year I got an iPhone six plus. When I had to leave my phone company they charged me for the phone and I got to keep it. So obviously I wasn't going to get a second iPhone six plus. The new company I was at have something where twelve months into my contract you can pay $149 and had in your phone to get a new contract on my new phone. Having only experienced the charger port issue in month 18 of my contract I bit the bullet and got an S6. The battery life was so abysmal that after a few months of using it I went back to using my six plus and my s6 became a pretty paperweight and at one stage a portable hard drive when I was moving files from one computer to another.

So after a year of my contract I looked at my options. The six s plus wasn't enough of a difference worth upgrading from the six plus in my opinion so I went the route of the S7 Edge and am so glad I did.

However, I have no idea in twelve months time whether I will get an iPhone 7 or an S8. That is going to be one tough decision. I still use my six plus when a game is better on iOS than on Android or for iPhone exclusive apps
    05-25-2016 10:36 AM
82 1234