Verizon S7E on StraightTalk works perfect, BUT

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I setup my Verizon Galaxy S7E to run on StraightTalk's Verizon LTE service. It works perfect!

However, the speeds are capped at 5mbps. Not good.

I have my Verizon Droid Turbo, running side by side with my ST Galaxy S7E, doing speed test at random spots in my city.

The Turbo always gets 20+Mbps, sometimes as high as 65mbps.

The Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge running on Straight Talks's Verizon LTE service, gets no better than 5mbps.

I wonder if Verizon limits MVOs like ST, on what towers they can connect to?

This test might spoil my plans of porting my personal cell over to StraightTalk.

What so you guys/gals think?

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes Verizon LTE speed is capped at 5 for straight talk. ATT and T Mobile towers on straight talk are uncapped, I get about 20+ Mbps using the att straight talk SIM card.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes Verizon LTE speed is capped at 5 for straight talk. ATT and T Mobile towers on straight talk are uncapped, I get about 20+ Mbps using the att straight talk SIM card.
Well that just stinks of baby bottoms! 😀

I wonder why Verizon does such a thing...mutha..#)%;";#?#+%%";#!$%

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Network with Droid Turbo:

e5a1ed3aa3d6e5d2a447b60373dc47f3.jpg

My Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge running on Straight Talk's Verizon LTE service:
40223461a70dd8a7276e5b8a6141aa35.jpg

Needless to say...a big difference.

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Well that just stinks of baby bottoms! ??????

I wonder why Verizon does such a thing...mutha..#)%;";#?#+%%";#!$%

Verizon does that to everyone who wants to use their towers, pageplus is another prepaid service that uses Verizon and they too are throttled to 5 Mbps. Thankfully I'm in a good ATT area so buying unlocked GSM phones and activating them on straight talk or cricket works out nicely.

loganf74

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I setup my Verizon Galaxy S7E to run on StraightTalk's Verizon LTE service. It works perfect!

However, the speeds are capped at 5mbps. Not good.

I have my Verizon Droid Turbo, running side by side with my ST Galaxy S7E, doing speed test at random spots in my city.

The Turbo always gets 20+Mbps, sometimes as high as 65mbps.

The Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge running on Straight Talks's Verizon LTE service, gets no better than 5mbps.

I wonder if Verizon limits MVOs like ST, on what towers they can connect to?

This test might spoil my plans of porting my personal cell over to StraightTalk.

What so you guys/gals think?

Please tell me how you got your verizon s7e to work on straight talk im not concerned with speeds it just keeps telling me its not compatible!!

Moto4Life

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
If you are currently using the phone on a Verizon plan or make payments on the device... It will say Not Compatible
The line must be terminated if you make payments on it, in order to check this.