June Firmware Update - Verizon S7

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
My build number doesn't match the one in the article. VZW may have that in the December bug fix lol

Just noticed dphan00's screenie in post #9 showing that the Verizon release is based on PE1 which is 8 firmware builds before the PE9 build that those bugfixes and enhancements were released on and 25 firmware builds before the 26 May build that PEQ is being currently released on for the Global models of S7 & S7 Edge. It looks as though the usual lag between Verizon's own firmware releases and the stock Samsung releases has begun already. :(

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed dphan00's screenie in post #9 showing that the Verizon release is based on PE1 which is 8 firmware builds before the PE9 build that those bugfixes and enhancements were released on and 25 firmware builds before the 26 May build that PEQ is being currently released on for the Global models of S7 & S7 Edge. It looks as though the usual lag between Verizon's own firmware releases and the stock Samsung releases has begun already. :(
It "began" when the phone was released.

With that said, Samsung /verizon has improved a lot with regards to updates.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I think that on the U.S. carrier branded phones, the increase in the frequency of updates is more to do with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) than it has with the U.S. carriers.

Think Android security updates take too long to roll out? So do the FTC and FCC

So, while you may not see actual bugfix and firmware updates as frequently as the Global model, the U.S. models should at least be up-to-date with security patches.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think that on the U.S. carrier branded phones, the increase in the frequency of updates is more to do with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) than it has with the U.S. carriers.

Think Android security updates take too long to roll out? So do the FTC and FCC

So, while you may not see actual bugfix and firmware updates as frequently as the Global model, the U.S. models should at least be up-to-date with security patches.

I would say that depends... The Verizon 10 received a software update on May 26th, yet still remains on the March update.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=5207359

The g5 received an update on May 11th and is currently on the April security patch.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=5171540

So even before this update, the Verizon s7 was on the May security patch, and with this update, it is now on the June patch. I think that Samsung is as of late above the pack in terms of security updates.

Hopefully the trend will continue

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the update, does anyone know which issues it is suppose to correct? I am praying the WIFI issue I received after the last update.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
There is a glitch in my phone since the June security update. Every time I get out of range of Wi-Fi and I'm playing anything via Bluetooth it will quit playing over headset or car (Sync) and play over phone speaker. Once I switch the audio back to whatever Bluetooth device I am using it will work fine until next time I leave a connected Wi-Fi area.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa