Can't save contacts to corporate Exchange account

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
This is the first phone, whether iOS or Android, that I have ever had this issue.

My corporate Exchange (Xmail) account displays in my contacts, email, and calendar, but I cannot save anything to it. It simply does not show up as an option when trying to add a new contact even though the contacts are all there and it is clearly enabled in settings.

Any advice?

Edit: I just realized Yahoo also is not an option even though I have Yahoo enabled. I only have Device, Sim, Google, and Samsung as options for saving contacts.

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
When I go to add a contact the first thing that pops up is a selection of where to save it, Google, phone or exchange. You are not getting that pop up? Or you get it and exchange is not an option?

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I just realized I cannot save to Exchange *or* Yahoo. I can only save to Device, SIM, Google, or Samsung accounts.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're using the Outlook app, it can only sync down from the corp server. If you add a contact on the phone to the "Outlook" account, it won't stick. Go to your PC's Outlook client, add the person to your personal contact list. Then go into the Android app and make sure the contact sync is on. Eventually the contacts will be pushed and synced to the phone. This confused the heck out of me until I figured it out. I kept adding a particular contact that never stuck in my Android contacts until I did it on the PC client.

schnerd

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I am seeing the same issue as the OP.

Can confirm that the Exchange (0365) account is configured to sync Mail, Contacts and Calendar.

Worked perfectly with all previous devices including the SGS5, and the issue has only been seen since upgrading to the SGS7Edge.

Does anyone have any advice to try?

PS. My first post. Long-time lurker, good to finally be a part of the community.

Gavin623

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Go to contacts from system settings.
"Export contacts" to your SIM card.
Import to your Google account.
This should fix the issue.. it did for me.

Narr

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue and had it with the S6 as well, it also manifests itself on the Edge contacts panel; I can place multiple contacts on the panel and within 2 hours they are gone.

jlbevo

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys are you using the Outlook App on your android device? having this same issue and I came across a support note that said Outlook currently only supports 1 way sync for contacts, it will sync them to your phone but not back to Office365/Exchange.

As a work around after abusing Microsoft I installed Blue Mail email app and was able to sync both ways

electrofryed

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
This is my first Unrootable phone and a SERIOUS deal breaker. Looks like I'm going buy a new phone and go back to LineageOS. Gotta love Google/ISP/manufacturer overreach. I can't see paying someone to sit at a desk adding contacts to my exchange server when my employees can add them in real time out in the field. I'd rather buy new phones and have them rooted. Glad I only purchased the one as a test.

electrofryed

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Update!! I was wrong and figured it out. If you go to settings/accounts/add account. You have the option to choose Microsoft Exchange (previously dismissed because I don't use a Microsoft exchange server). When setting up your account, choose manual and add your server info. Hit sync, then when you add a new contact the server shows up.

parevr23

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem in my Galaxy S8. I noticed that once you create the contact as a phone or SIM or any other type you can't export it to Exchange. Delete it and recreate it. On top you'll see and arrow to choose where to save the contact: by default it says Phone. Choose Exchange instead.

bokery

Jan 7, 2019
Visit site
Update!! I was wrong and figured it out. If you go to settings/accounts/add account. You have the option to choose Microsoft Exchange (previously dismissed because I don't use a Microsoft exchange server). When setting up your account, choose manual and add your server info. Hit sync, then when you add a new contact the server shows up.

I'M GRATEFUL TO YOU! this worked well for me. i tried so many other solutions but none has worked. lucily, this one did!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch