How to know where my S7 is from? need warranty and amazon seller won't help me

Chris Wayne2

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Bought a S7 Edge about 2 months ago via amazon but now there are grey-ish lines across the screen so I need Samsung to replace the screen but the seller won't help me, how can I know the country of origin of my s7?, local samsung customer support won't help me neither.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Bought a S7 Edge about 2 months ago via amazon but now there are grey-ish lines across the screen so I need Samsung to replace the screen but the seller won't help me, how can I know the country of origin of my s7?, local samsung customer support won't help me neither.

The back of the phone should say where it is from.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Check the box and what is your model no

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

shadowcoder

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Call Samsung or chat with customer support on their website, give them the IMEI number of the phone and they will tell you for which country/market the phone was destined for. Then you'll know where you stand with the warranty.

Last edited:

Chris Wayne2

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, did that but on chat they are very incompetent/closed regarding talk about that, my best bet was twitter where they have kinda helpful.

Thing is, yesterday I went to a local oficial samsung service center and they told me the phone was from the US.

Now samsung support US in twitter is saying they don't provide international warranty but I told them I could send the device for warranty (I pay the fees, no drama there) and when repaired they could send it back to a family member living there...

Aaaaaand the problem continues via twitter, I don't know what's so hard about telling me where my phone is from to contact the right customer service :/

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Download the app "Phone INFO Samsung" from the Google Play store. It will tell you pretty much everything you need to know about your phone.

Chris Wayne2

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, used it and the only helpful info it shows is nothing new: made in vietnam and the model is sm-935f (which I already knew).

The words in the back of the phone are in spanish "diseñado y farbicado por samsung, hecho en vietnam", it doesn't have any carrier logos or bloat, factory uncloked, single sim version.

shadowcoder

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
so... due to the european union i'd be able to send my phone to any european country (that belongs to the eu) to get it fixed?

Yes. BTW if you still want to know the exact country and you are comfortable giving me your IMEI, I will get the answer from samsung for you if you still need to know which country the phone was meant for.