New S7 Edge user!

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
So, after many months of deliberations, I've finally taken the plunge and upgraded to the S7 Edge.

I ordered it a little late in the day so it will be here on Thursday. I have 14 days to use the phone to make my mind up, so I decided to purchase an S View Cover in order to help keep the phone in pristine condition just in case it has to go back.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the new phone and given it a proper test. I'm particularly interested in GPS performance. I use Strava quite a bit for bike rides and runs and the GPS sensor on my Note 4 is monumentally crap. The GPS track tends to stutter it's way through the course I run or ride. I have a Garmin Edge which makes bike rides more stable in comparison, but it's not particularly convenient take on runs so I have to rely on my phone. This is where I'm hoping the S7 Edge will make a difference.

Does anyone here use the S7 Edge on Strava or a similar type app/service? If yes, how does the GPS perform?

Thanks for any help :)

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! The S7 is an amazing device! It has myriad settings, so I'd advise you to go slowly and do little things and not too many at one time, so that if something goes wrong you can undo the last thing you did! I use basic gps tracker for my runs and hard mountain climbs. If you want to share with others you will need something more complex. The gps is quite accurate in mine. Even if it doesn't have the maps for the area, it will give me time, distance, climb etc... Enjoy your marvellous device!

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
This is kinda random and doesn't answer your question but when you ordered it did you get tracking immediately?

I didn't. My operator told me I would receive a text the next morning to confirm delivery slot for the following day but I didn't receive the text till this morning.

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Tested the GPS via Strava when I took the dog for a walk earlier and I was pleasantly surprised. The GPS track was consistent and accurate which is miles better than on the Note 4.

Thought I'd test by going for a run and again, the GPS was stable and accurate. The only downside was the earphones that Samsung supply with the Edge. Absolutely dreadful and just about impossible to keep in the ears for more than a few seconds when running. Ended up losing all my motivation and had to stop a few times as I struggle to run without music. It's not the biggest issue and I suppose earphones are personal preference but the Note 4 ones are miles better.

Going to go for a little ride soon to complete the GPS test but it's looking good so far!

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Tested the GPS via Strava when I took the dog for a walk earlier and I was pleasantly surprised. The GPS track was consistent and accurate which is miles better than on the Note 4.

Thought I'd test by going for a run and again, the GPS was stable and accurate. The only downside was the earphones that Samsung supply with the Edge. Absolutely dreadful and just about impossible to keep in the ears for more than a few seconds when running. Ended up losing all my motivation and had to stop a few times as I struggle to run without music. It's not the biggest issue and I suppose earphones are personal preference but the Note 4 ones are miles better.

Going to go for a little ride soon to complete the GPS test but it's looking good so far!
Got my S7E 2days ago, also coming from a Note4, I left the S7E headphones in the box and put it away, will continue using my Note4 headphones until they break then maybe get some in-ear Sennheisers like CX300.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
it really truly is an excellent device, what more could you ask for? great display, great camera, excellent battery life

rexbitz

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I feel so spoiled with the s7 edge screen I can't see myself going to any other phone at the moment. Not even the pixel or v20 phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty