s7 edge 7.0 beta thread

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Huh that's strange I have a charge he 2 haven't had this issue. Do you have the widget running where it shows in your motivation shade. I attached a screenshot of it

No I don't like the persistent notification and I understand that means the app won't necessarily be left alone should the OS decides to free up RAM. No it seems more a problem with the google smartlock settings than the fitbit app being closed as once it reconnects thru Bluetooth the smartlock should still recognize it.

Another odd event, apparently my phone decided to restart while in my pocket today. Haven't had random reboots since my nexus 5.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
My experience with the beta has been great up until BETA 3. Now I'm getting service interruption, and really horrible battery life. Phone went from 100% to 40% over 3.5hrs with minimal use. Something in the backround is eating it up even when not being used. I really hope they do something about this as it seems to be affecting a lot of people.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Here's an example...
bb1c3d069662ea12e23c1c84de90a0d9.jpg

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Is Samsung pay supposed to work on beta? I thought I read that the early builds did not work and now it should. Maybe I am just confusing this with the VR compatibility which now works.
I just went into a CVS to use it for the first time on the Nougat beta and it gave me some message about the card being chip enabled and it wouldn't work. I think the old lady being the register had something to do with it not working. She also had to add "that won't work" right as I was trying it. Of all the times I really wanted this to work and silence her, of course it didn't.
Unfortunately CVS is one of the stores that does not work well with Samsung Pay. They are trying to push their own CVS Pay. It seems that some of the terminals will work and some don't, even in the same store.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately CVS is one of the stores that does not work well with Samsung Pay. They are trying to push their own CVS Pay. It seems that some of the terminals will work and some don't, even in the same store.
My phone works great at our ocal cvs stores here. Works at Walmart and sams club too.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My experience with the beta has been great up until BETA 3. Now I'm getting service interruption, and really horrible battery life. Phone went from 100% to 40% over 3.5hrs with minimal use. Something in the backround is eating it up even when not being used. I really hope they do something about this as it seems to be affecting a lot of people.
This. I've been getting great time and now I'm chewing through the battery. I'll hit 50% usage with minimal phone interaction.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Have never had an issue at CVS. Now Lowe's is a different story. Have never gotten it to work once there.

PJesse

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Go to your dialer and type in *#0*#. This will take you to a page where you can test your phones features. Find the button labeled Sensors, and then look for the proximity sensor section. Put your hand on top of the sensor, your screen will light up green, just ignore that that's the ambient light sensor, now look for the words PROXIMITY, this reports a binary value (0 or1 ), take your hand in and off the sensor, if it doesnt change the sensors dead. If the value does change submit a claim in the Samsung members app.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
My phone works great at our ocal cvs stores here. Works at Walmart and sams club too.
It appears YMMV from store to store and region to region. Glad you have not had any problems. CVS is the only store I have had any problems with myself. The CVS I frequent PAY works at the terminals in the Pharmacy, but not at the front terminals.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I was on the BETA program on my sprint edge. I just switched to AT&T and when I do a search in the app store, I get nothing. Is AT&T not part of the BETA program?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Mines wasn't working for a day or two and the kicked back in on its own.

Really weird. Both that and my light sensor weren't working and not registering on the sensor test screen and both just started working again same as yours did.

I haven't dropped the phone or anything but I notice I can see light around the earpiece speaker which is also strange.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I understand the beta is now closed but have they also removed the app from the galaxy store? I cannot find it but was hoping to install it in case they opened the beta again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch