s7 edge 7.0 beta thread

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. So we are likely looking at a January public release date then? February if something goes wrong.
Someone posted this earlier....

966df260b68219f0ee41e30729ccc29b.jpg

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea as to whether if I factory reset my S7e if I'll be back on "stock" firmware or be able to download the beta? My S7 has been pretty sluggish since before the beta and while the beta has helped tremendously i'd like to just get it running completely smooth again. I'd like to use it as my main device and give the iPhone a break for a bit.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea as to whether if I factory reset my S7e if I'll be back on "stock" firmware or be able to download the beta? My S7 has been pretty sluggish since before the beta and while the beta has helped tremendously i'd like to just get it running completely smooth again. I'd like to use it as my main device and give the iPhone a break for a bit.
Factory reset shouldn't change your firmware version. You'll stay on the beta.

kbennett65

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
A factory reset is actually recommended after any major update. I avoid it only because it's a pain to get everything back the way I want it. But if you are having any issues a factory reset might clear things up.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
What network are you on? I've seen this mentioned elsewhere but I didn't get asked

Vodafone. Now that I think back I don't think it's anything to do with the update as the wife got asked weeks ago on her S7 (same network) that's on marshmallow.