Samsung s7 edge sending it back for a replacement?

OnTheRun 1

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
So my samsung s7 edge has a pink line on the screen and i did a search and found out that the only way to fix this is to have the phone replaced. There is a some tricks to getting rid of the pink line but it will re-appear and you will have to eventually replace the phone for a new one. I just had a chat with my phone provider and the replacement phone is on its way to me. The rep told me to send my old phone back without the battery, battery tray, cover, sim card or else it will void the warranty on it and i will be charged full price for the phone which is around $700. After inspecting my s7 edge, i notice that my phone doesnt have any of that. I just want to confirm, this phone doesnt come with a removable battery correct? What about the sim card? I dont remember if this phone has a sim card or not. I know on my iphone it came with a sim card but i dont remember if the samsung s7 edge has one? I want to make sure i dont include any of this with the phone im sending back or it will void the warranty. Thanks.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
No the phone has no removable battery. You might want to call and ask another rep because I don't understand how any of that could void the warranty. Obviously that rep has no idea that this particular phone has no removable battery. I would remove the sims card if you have one just in case they send you a replacement without a new one. I have never heard of having to remove the sims tray before sending an phone back either.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I would call back and confirm that they are sending you the correct phone. Your phone does not have a removable battery. I'd also confirm removal of the sim card. The rep was probably reading from a canned script.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
The verbiage for all replacements is the same, it includes an "if". Basically you return everything you are sent a replacement for.
On the s7 Edge all you return is the phone itself. You are not required to return your old SIM or SIM tray.

On devices that have a removable battery, you keep the battery and back cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppGuru