Do you use Samsung Pay?

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
it should work everywhere even if there is a Apple symbol - go try it at a McDonalds they said it wouldn't work but it works perfectly. Funny thing is that they have the Android Pay and Apple Pay mentioned by the door but Samsung Pay will work

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
it should work everywhere even if there is a Apple symbol - go try it at a McDonalds they said it wouldn't work but it works perfectly. Funny thing is that they have the Android Pay and Apple Pay mentioned by the door but Samsung Pay will work

Since Samsung Pay is not just for NFC terminals, it doesn't need to be advertised on the door (plus, they didn't pay the banks/companies for that hehe). BUT if it says Android Pay and Apple Pay, that just means their terminal is NFC-enabled, so Samsung Pay will work either way (either by emulating the magnetic stripe or by falling back to NFC).

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Unless you live in a city where people only take Applepay (which is illegal), you shouldn't have any issue using Samsung Pay. It works with any 'swipe' terminal for debit/credit cards as well as with NFC terminals that take Apple Pay.

I mean that the banks here will never activate the service until apple and apple users want it. Over 90% of our terminals are NFC (only for NFC cards) but you can't download Samsung or Android Pay, and even if you apk you can't add a card to them.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I would if Samsung stopped pissing around in the UK and actually release it. Delayed until next year now! I'll stick with android pay for the time being

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I use it every single day (OK, maybe not every day, but pretty much!). If this thing could be used for ID (driver's license, etc.) I'd leave my wallet at home. I missed it terribly when I tried the V20. One of the main reasons I came back to Samsung.

You can, however, turn it off if you want to (but truly, it's just so much better and secure than using your actual card! Plus they are running promos all the time, including their new rewards program). Just go to the app's settings if you've already set it up and select RESET APP to clear all information from it, or if you do want to keep it just in case but not have it 'interfering' with anything else, go to the app's settings, select USE FAVORITE CARDS and turn everything off there. That way Samsung Pay will only be opened when you open the app.

Absolutely agree. I scanned all those annoying keytags for Kroger, Dicks, the library, gym, etc. and saved them in Samsung Pay. Its super convenient to just swipe up to open the app and use my card. Samsung Pay is a good reason to keep using a galaxy device.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Love love love using Samsung pay. I use on my phone and on my Gear s2. Used phone today to buy a used motorcycle at a shop.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I found out very quickly that NFC barely works in my area in NJ. Yet the MST works every time. And I've been to Walmart, Target, Gamestop, Stop and Shop, Shoprite, Best Buy, Holister, places at the mall. The one thing I've noticed and I said this before- Is that I can only use my debit card as credit. Otherwise the payment won't go through. I went on Samsung.com to find some answers about this but I haven't found anything. I could try talking to someone at the bank. The thing is I used to be able to use it as debit until the latest version came out. It also could be that stores are forcing people to use the physical card instead of using Samsung Pay. Only Walmart was forcing me to use it as credit. Now all of the stores are the same way now.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I love Samsung Pay and try to use it every time. There have been so many great promotions just for using it, too - so many cash back rewards, etc. However, any time I can avoid giving my actual CC numbers to a merchant is great news to me. It just gets better and better. I like Android Pay, but Samsung Pay is a different level.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Quick question, has anybody given thought as to how Samsung pay is going to work with launchers that use the pixel style drag up to open app drawer?

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried the pixel swipe up app drawer option on nova and quickly turned it off. Doesn't do well with Samsung pay down there, plus I already have a swipe up option set for the app drawer icon. Too much happening in that little space

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
You know what else I'm loving about it? I've been getting so many freaking gift cards, and to places and things I will ACTUALLY use. Currently, I have a $5 Dunkin Donuts card, $15 Chase Visa just for making purchases, $5 Gamestop. This is all the current stuff. Not mentioning the other cards that I got just for signing up and making purchases.

I love this damn thing!!!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
You know what else I'm loving about it? I've been getting so many freaking gift cards, and to places and things I will ACTUALLY use. Currently, I have a $5 Dunkin Donuts card, $15 Chase Visa just for making purchases, $5 Gamestop. This is all the current stuff. Not mentioning the other cards that I got just for signing up and making purchases.

I love this damn thing!!!
Love it. And Samsung rewards now too!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have found Samsung pay works a lot better when you don't have a case on the phone the last few times I took my Otterbox off and it works very smoothly even at the old funky Walmart terminals

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I go to Starbucks and try to use my phone to pay I have issues with a case or without a case I went there this morning it wouldn't work right I pulled up my S2 watch and it paid without a problem I wonder what the big differences haha

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Have you guys used Samsung Pay with a chip card?
I tried it the other day in starbucks, and then it asked for me to insert the chip card - which obviously negated the point, because I then had to fish my wallet out to pay.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Have you guys used Samsung Pay with a chip card?
I tried it the other day in starbucks, and then it asked for me to insert the chip card - which obviously negated the point, because I then had to fish my wallet out to pay.
Yes my main bank card is a chip card that should not matter at all when using Samsung pay I have no issues with it

Bichon-Fan

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
From what I understand, there is a flag encoded into the magnetic stripe of every credit and debit card that tells the terminal whether the card has a chip. That's why if you try to swipe your physical card on most chip enabled terminals, it will ask you to insert the card instead. But when you use Samsung Pay, the phone beams a virtual card number (different from the real one on your physical card) with the flag set to indicate that it doesn't have a chip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress