s7 edge unresponsive red charge LED stuck on

ChanningDoyle

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I threw my phone on the wireless charger yesterday around 50%. When I looked at it a few minutes later it was frozen and unresponsive and the red LED charge light is stuck on. I've tried every combination of button presses I could find to reset it with no joy (holding power and volume down, holding volume up home and power, etc). I tried plugging it into the regular charging cable for an hour and also had no luck. I even pulled out the SIM card for ****s and giggles. Any suggestions? I did drop it a few weeks ago and cracked the back a bit but it has been working fine until now. The only thing I can think of is to wait for it to die, which may be a long time, considering the only thing with power is the little red LED.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
It's toast do you have insurance all the question how come you don't keep the case on such a fragile device

ChanningDoyle

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I have always had my spigen case on my phone. I didn't even know the back was cracked until I took the case off just to clean it a few days after dropping it. No insurance.

ChanningDoyle

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE: It's working!!!

It took nearly 48 hours for the red light to go off and the phone to "die" and it was only around 50% battery when it locked up. Once the light went off I plugged it in and immediately the large white battery symbol showed up on the screen. I let it charge a few minutes and it powered up fine!

This may be useful information to some. I couldn't find similar circumstances posted anywhere.
Just to reiterate soft and hard resets were not working. Red charge LED was stuck on and phone was completely unresponsive for two days. Glad I didn't freak out and get rid of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87