Galaxy S7 Edge screen replacement

RB405

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I got an S7 edge couple months ago and just crack the top of the screen by the sensors, the phone works perfect but it bothers me looking at a broken screen, I have insurance but in the past with my previous phones, when you file a claim the replacement phone is always a refurbished that more likely is going to have some issues, I want to replace the screen with the digitizer included, does anyone knows of a good source to buy it? I check on eBay but I see many negative feedback of the company's selling it, must be Chinese version of poor quality.
Thank you in advance for any help.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If you bought your phone just a few months ago, I'd stay away from the self-repair. Since you are paying for insurance, I'd use it. The deductible will likely be less than the cost of the replacement display assembly, and you'd likely have warranty protection on the replacement device. The cracked screen could allow moisture or other contaminants into the device creating a whole host of other issues, up to and including total device failure.

I've never had an issue with a warranty or insurance replacement. Yes, they're most often refurbished devices, but you wouldn't know it if they didn't come in a plain box. In fact, I often buy refurbished devices directly from my carrier. I get full warranty support, and the device has likely been individually inspected instead of inspecting a representative sample of a production run like with a new device.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you get your replacement phone thru asurion, they will provide the warranty for that phone, not Verizon in my case. And I've tried having Verizon do the warranty on a replacement from asurion, they seen it was a replacement and connected me to asurion.

Good thing is your warranty will be a year again, so if your phone is 8 months old, your replacement will have a full year warranty

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
That's the opposite of my experience with Verizon device support. They've told me that so long as it's a Verizon-branded phone, it's on them. Big Red has provided warranty support for every device I've ever used on my account, even replacing insurance replacements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard