SOLID Information on Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Nougat Update???

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
They have to put on all their bloatware on it and then test it.. so yea march is more likely..

The Verizon Beta has their bloatware on it. That's why it's the Verizon Beta. Vz Navigator, Kindle, Caller Name ID, Slacker Radio, Support and Protection, VVM (not what i'd call bloatware but Verizon's none the less), etc. are all on my phone with the Beta installed right now.

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

And could be next year for America. I didn't get Marshmallow on my T-Mobile S5 (I know, I was lucky to get it at all, but then the ill-fated S6 was Sammy's flagship device at the time) until 9 mos. after it appeared on Google devices. Besides, even if Google does release it tomorrow, the carriers will find a way to bog it down and uglify it. I'm just glad Marshmallow works as well as it does.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I have just installed full nougat update

The depth of detail on your good fortune is astounding. I hope it goes that well for me when its my turn. :p

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Last year I got the mm update on my S6 active months before it was release OTA. Someone posted a link to download it from ATT test servers.

I'm wondering if 7.xx lives on some ATT test servers somewhere....

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Didn't Verizon drop out of the beta? Ya'll didn't get the last two updates.

Yes Verizon stayed on Beta 1 for the entire beta testing process which is what I am still on waiting for the final version to come through. There were actually 4 other versions of the Beta afterwards.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Verizon... Don't forget they also have to monkey around w removing features and changing menus to their preference rather than stock.

I know.... isn't that a real crock.....?

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15007.1000] Sportster :p
Even when I lose, I win.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I think the funniest thing about it all is that this happens with every single OS update EVER. You would think people would have stopped complaining about release dates and times around 10 letters or more ago. Everyone hates their phone manufacturers because every phone manufacturer is slow to release, everyone hates their carrier because they are slow too, and everyone wants to go nexus until Google is slow with their own releases. All we can do is sit back and chill. When it drops it drops.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I was in the beta for Verizon and the experience for me was smooth and essentially flawless. There is no reason to think it should take until March for them to roll out this update.

The beta program worked till beta 5 dropped. Now I experience random reboots. I also experience a quite a bit of lag..

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I just got a big update from Sprint. It's not a security patch. It mentions a lot of improvements. I just can't install it right now because the phone needs to charge since I'm at 12%. Once in a while I would check for updates. I seriously didn't think it was anything big but when I read the info I was thinking this isn't a regular update.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got a big update from Sprint. It's not a security patch. It mentions a lot of improvements. I just can't install it right now because the phone needs to charge since I'm at 12%. Once in a while I would check for updates. I seriously didn't think it was anything big but when I read the info I was thinking this isn't a regular update.

I haven't been able to see any changes after installing it (G935PVPU4APL6).

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
The only difference I see in the official version vs the final beta is that my battery life is a good bit worse.

Tachead7075

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I think the funniest thing about it all is that this happens with every single OS update EVER. You would think people would have stopped complaining about release dates and times around 10 letters or more ago. Everyone hates their phone manufacturers because every phone manufacturer is slow to release, everyone hates their carrier because they are slow too, and everyone wants to go nexus until Google is slow with their own releases. All we can do is sit back and chill. When it drops it drops.
Yep, it's pretty funny. The fanatics on these sites make it sound like it's the end of the world. "I am going back to Apple because I didn't get my update fast enough boo hoo hoo". 6.01 works just fine people, Nougat will drop when it drops, get a life lol.

tailgunner9

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes AT&T did not allow its users to get into the Beta Program. They like to have too much control over their software and Junk. So it is No telling when AT&T may release Nougat for its customers. Maybe after S8 is out to help sales of S8 for them.