Verizon S7 edge - Nougat Help, Tips & Tricks

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Nougat Help Tips & Tricks (S7 Edge)

I downloaded Nougat several days ago. I have a Galaxy S7 running on Verizon Wireless. I cannot find the Secure Folder anywhere in the Play Store or Galaxy Apps. It also does not show a button available in the settings. I know there is a third party APK version you can download but I am reluctant to do that.
Secure Folder is not in the Play Store it is only available in the Galaxy Apps store. It is already on the Verizon variant. You have to add the button by editing the quick settings panel.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Nougat Help, Tips & Tricks

I certainly do not know all the answers to everyone's questions. With that being said, if you see an unanswered question and you know the answer by all means please post a reply. I would l like to try to make this a community thing. You there, yes you, I am talking to you😁 Thanx!

DrifterYank

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site

Meanwhile back at the ranch: I do not see Secure Folder in the Galaxy App Store. And if I go to editing buttons in Phone Settings there is no button for Secure Folder.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Meanwhile back at the ranch: I do not see Secure Folder in the Galaxy App Store. And if I go to editing buttons in Phone Settings there is no button for Secure Folder.
I am not sure why you do not see it in the Galaxy Apps Store. In the Galaxy Apps Store try tapping the 3 dots > my apps > update and see if it is in there. Where are you going to add the button? Are you going into settings or are you pulling down the notification shade and editing the quick settings panel?

DrifterYank

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site

If you are talking 3 dots on the Galaxy App Store there is no "my apps" option, only copy link, help and open in Chrome.

DrifterYank

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site

If you are talking 3 dots on the Galaxy App Store there is no "my apps" option, only copy link, help and open in Chrome.

I am pulling down the notification shade and using the quick settings panel.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

I am not sure what you are looking at. I attached an image for you.
Screenshot_20170310-114249.png
I am pulling down the notification shade and using the quick settings panel.
I have not added it to my quick settings yet, but when you edit the panel it should be at the bottom.
Screenshot_20170310-114152.jpg

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Nougat Help Tips & Tricks (S7 Edge)

The lack of the notification LED would be just one reason I won't upgrade, not unless I eventually have to. There are certain features I've come to expect on my phone (been using the Galaxy since the S3), and if providers, manufacturers, or Google themselves start removing them, the heck with it. I know a lot of S7/Edge users were waiting hard for this upgrade, especially since every other provider rolled it out months ago. Still, I am in no hurry and Marshmallow is running just fine on my Edge. I sometimes get the feeling that these "upgrades" are done simply for the sake of doing it, and we users are left picking up the pieces.

Souldragon63

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site

Please help yesterday I updated to the Nougat everything went well accept the samsung tts voice data keeps poping up with the countries how do I stop it from doing this it dint start until I had installed the Nougat very annoying. Thank you

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I get LED notifications.... So not everyone is missing them.

Yep, LED works exactly like it did with MM. The only thing I've seen so far that I don't care for is the text app, and as I rarely use it, yawn. It appears some apps also need to upgrade, but they are taking care of themselves and have not created an issue so far.

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

The text app (which I assume is Verizon's) was the first go-to app I replaced. The stock on on my Edge7 was really poorly designed, and I'm now a paid Textra user. Highly recommended. Good to hear that the LED notification is intact. Still on the fence, though.

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site

One thing I noticed is that even though we get more notifications in the AOD you still can't preview them without unlocking the phone or at least I can't.... still not as crisp as the note 7 was with the AOD features.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Re. the App Store, what is the URL to that screen? I have tried my Samsung Acct and various Galaxy App sites and can't replicate it.

Re. the Quick Settings, I have done that. There is no button there.
Maybe you need to update Secure Folder before it will show up in the quick settings panel.

There is no URL or website for the Galaxy Apps store. It is already on your device as an application just like the Play Store. If you cannot find it, go into your app drawer and type "Galaxy" in the search bar. Also, while you are there, type "Secure" in the search bar.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

One thing I noticed is that even though we get more notifications in the AOD you still can't preview them without unlocking the phone or at least I can't.... still not as crisp as the note 7 was with the AOD features.
Yeah, the improvement in the AOD from Marshmallow to Nougat is a welcome change though.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

I'm in the Uk and looked at secure folder and used it but after looking around for further information on it I found some users had experienced increased battery drain from it !

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

Yes it's the same with my s7 edge as my Security Protocols such as pin / fingerprint modes are turned on. Certainly wouldn't want someone picking my phone up and double tapping the notification icon and gain access that way.

DrifterYank

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site

Maybe you need to update Secure Folder before it will show up in the quick settings panel.

There is no URL or website for the Galaxy Apps store. It is already on your device as an application just like the Play Store. If you cannot find it, go into your app drawer and type "Galaxy" in the search bar. Also, while you are there, type "Secure" in the search bar.

Galaxy does not show as an app. And a search for "Galaxy" or "Secure" produces no results.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I had to do a factory reset on mine yesterday, the battery drained to 80% in my hour drive to work.. Man do I hate adding everything back.