What do S7 Edge owners think of the S8/S8+?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I hear ya but the pros outweigh the cons IMHO....Love the orchid grey...I like the Gig LTE configuration....The fact that the camera is improved and that it is 64 GB to being with.
I originally set out for black but once I saw the Orchid that's the color that peaked my interest too

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
That is strange, I have done it many time. even when I had the grandfathered unlimited and would have to buy upgrades on other lines and move them to mine.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Think of it as luxury vs necessity. If your phone is working perfectly fine then you don't need a new one.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
That's what a normal smart person would be doing, not phone addicts on these formus lol
I heartily agree😀 Have an S7Edge that I dont like mostly because it was the only other somewhat flagship device when nOte 7 went down. Also have an LG V20 as a backup (have 2 teens too so want a good backup). Returning 7edge when s8 plus comes in. Label ready to go

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I heartily agree😀 Have an S7Edge that I dont like mostly because it was the only other somewhat flagship device when nOte 7 went down. Also have an LG V20 as a backup (have 2 teens too so want a good backup). Returning 7edge when s8 plus comes in. Label ready to go
Have S7 Edge as well. Coral Blue. Still holding back on S8 Plus just because I want Note 8. Have to admit that I'm dying though.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Have S7 Edge as well. Coral Blue. Still holding back on S8 Plus just because I want Note 8. Have to admit that I'm dying though.
I was too and caved. Its partly mental because of the reason behind having the 7 edge. And mine gets glitchy as it is

omelet1978

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding off for now just because I've been down this road so many times. I think the S7 Edge I have is still a really good phone with one caveat. I'm on my second one and the first one I had the battery life decreased after a while. I'm hoping this one does better but the fact the S8 is guaranteed to have 95% of it's battery life is tempting.

Also, I wish rather than a 6.2 in screen I wish they had done two things differently.

1. Put a bigger battery in there. Around 4200 size vs 3500 to match the battery life of the iPhone 7 Plus.

2. Put stereo speakers or at least speakers on the top and bottom since the bottom firing speakers get annoying.

Beyond that I'm holding on just because upgrading is expensive...I don't know if I'll be able to wait for the S9, but I'll try. It'll be interesting to see what the Pixel 2 looks like as well and if they get rid of that big chin and bezels.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I think if they had a camera improvement (like dual camera or 480 fps slow motion) I'd eat the battery trade off and pre-order the S8 right now. But there's no compelling reason to take that step down in battery. There is no possible way the battery on the S8 will match the edge when it's 20% smaller. It's physically impossible.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I think if they had a camera improvement (like dual camera or 480 fps slow motion) I'd eat the battery trade off and pre-order the S8 right now. But there's no compelling reason to take that step down in battery. There is no possible way the battery on the S8 will match the edge when it's 20% smaller. It's physically impossible.

It also uses a smaller chip. Time will tell but people are acting like it's iPhone battery.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It also uses a smaller chip. Time will tell but people are acting like it's iPhone battery.

We hear this every time a new handset is released. Sure, the battery is smaller, but OPTIMIZATION! You may never have to charge your battery again!

Near as I can tell, it's never once been true. It won't be this time, either. The S8+ will have worse battery life than the S7E. Bank on it.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
We hear this every time a new handset is released. Sure, the battery is smaller, but OPTIMIZATION! You may never have to charge your battery again!

Near as I can tell, it's never once been true. It won't be this time, either. The S8+ will have worse battery life than the S7E. Bank on it.

I'm not saying it won't. But I don't think it's as extreme as some are making it out to be. 10nm chips are very efficient.

Plus, my phones batteries always go to crap, regardless of make and model.

I had to charge my s7 twice a day, granted I'm on it a good bit.

Only phone I haven't had to do that with was the note 7, only had it like a month or two, and iPhone 6s Plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana