Find My Mobile Not Working / How To Access Cloud From Win 7 PC / Cloud Backup

Robert Lindsay

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I just registered for a Samsung account yesterday via my S7E phone, today i tried the 'find my mobile' website but it failed to find my mobile, i did get a notification on my phone to say it had been located. When i use the Android Device Manager on the Play website i can find it no problem. Any ideas how to fix this?

I have set my phone to backup to the Samsung cloud, can i access my files from my windows 7 laptop or through my browser? I notice there is an app for windows 10 but i dont intend to upgrade my laptop. What happens if i lose my phone, what happens to my backed up data if i dont have a Samsung device.

Should i ever need to reset my phone and then restore from the Samsung cloud, will i be left with much work to do to get my phone back to the way it was, it takes quite a while to go through all the settings for the phone and the apps, i want to avoid doing it again.

Steven Frost1

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Once it's backed up to the cloud most if not all of the settings are put to how you had them there maybe one or two setting you may have to manually do but not many.

Robert Lindsay

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
As for your data if you don't have a Samsung phone you will not be able to retrieve it as it requires as Samsung device

Ok that sound like a much better backup system than what your google account does. Its crazy you cant access your data from another device, i will just use google photos for my pics and my samsung account for the rest.

Robert Lindsay

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes im enjoying using google photos so far, i installed google drive on my laptop and i now have the pics and vids on my laptop too. Is there any way of deleting photos from one device i.e. say i delete a video from my phone, it deletes it from my laptop too and my drive account i might want to only delete it from my phone but have it stored on my drive.