Samsung factory replacement S7 Edge, cant factory unlock?

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Previously I had bought an s7 edge new off ebay and used an online service to unlock the phone.. this being a tmobile s7 edge on metropcs..

We bought the samsung protection plan.. replaced the phone, they send out a new one or maybe a refurb unsure..

I tried the route of asking both metropcs and tmoble to unlock the phone, but they wouldnt help. They said since it came from samsung they dont have the imei in their unlock database and cant unlock it either way. So i went the route of an online service.

So far the service is having trouble unlocking the phone.. this indicated by various emails asking for confirmation of info..

I'm doubting this time ill be able to unlock.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and can comment on possible solutions?

Thanks in advance

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, your only option will be to request the unlock from Samsung. Since T-Mobile does not have the IMEI they won't be able to unlock it for you. This is the case for the current BOGO T-Mobile S8/S8+ as well.

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, your only option will be to request the unlock from Samsung. Since T-Mobile does not have the IMEI they won't be able to unlock it for you. This is the case for the current BOGO T-Mobile S8/S8+ as well.

Yeah I tried that route.. they just passed me onto T-mobile and said they dont have that ability

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I tried that route.. they just passed me onto T-mobile and said they dont have that ability
Update.. of sorts.. i tried to contact samsung again, got further, got a reference number.. had me call this other number for customer support.. then they referred me to contacting the protection plan team.. "so that they could have me send in the phone and have it replaced with an unlocked phone".. this really isnt an option either, going without a phone again for weeks for a manual send in.

Makes no sense as to why they just cant unlock it.