Wifes Verizon Edge still no N update ?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to check manually for update on the phone? Unless something was done to the phone you should have gotten the upgrade awhile ago.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to install the update yourself with Samsung 's Smart Switch maintenance utility. If you have a carrier-branded device, they may have included their own maintenance and update utility. Both tools will grab and install the update you need. It will be the same update that you would have received with an OTA update.

Before you do that though, try clearing the app and system caches (app cache first, then system cache). Your wife's phone may have started the download and been interrupted. If there is a trace of the downloaded update package on the device, that could prevent the phone from grabbing the update on its own.

Last edited:

speedtrip

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I opened the bootloader and it showed an system update and then it crashed , I wiped the cache and still nothing ,
so a factory reset is in order

speedtrip

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
i pulled the update off of Smart Switch and her phone worked great for 24 hours then it started looking for service , called verizon and everything came back good on their end so I contacted Samsung they done a remote access and it came back as having a fried circuit , so they are sender her a new phone