Galaxy S7 Edge wifi upload issue

ungairis

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've recently got a S7 edge. I did factory reset. I flashed the newest firmware with odin so the device should be okay. I got the S7 from my brother and he had no wifi issue with it. The apps didn't work properly with wifi and disabled cellular data. I installed the Speedtest app by Ookla and I learnt what's the problem with my apps. I have simply no upload speed on wifi. I have an older Galaxy S5 which is just working fine. There is healthy upload speed with it. So this is not a router related problem. Any idea? Thanks in advance!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Since you flashed software via ODIN you can't guarantee that the phone is 'OK'. I suggest to try factory resetting it (if still possible, haven't flashed in a while so not sure if doing so wipes the recovery partition) and testing WiFi out. If that still fails, check in different networks. Might be a 'problem' with your router (some routers needed a patch installed to play nice with some Samsung phones, or some units would have issues with WiFi in certain channels).

ungairis

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
Since you flashed software via ODIN you can't guarantee that the phone is 'OK'. I suggest to try factory resetting it (if still possible, haven't flashed in a while so not sure if doing so wipes the recovery partition) and testing WiFi out. If that still fails, check in different networks. Might be a 'problem' with your router (some routers needed a patch installed to play nice with some Samsung phones, or some units would have issues with WiFi in certain channels).
If this was a wifi channel problem the download speed would be affected too, wouldn't it? I did the odin flash after a few factory reset, trying a different router and even a hard reset. Nothing helped.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not necessarily. Channels still have two 'bands' for upload and download. But if you've already tried a different router then the issue seems to be with your phone. I'd still suggest a factory reset and NOT flashing anything with ODIN (again, not sure that's possible). Run the phone with the factory software, untouched. If it fails then, most likely it's a chipset issue. I'd try running in Safe Mode just in case and rule out 3rd party apps causing an issue (and turn off BT...)

ungairis

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
Not necessarily. Channels still have two 'bands' for upload and download. But if you've already tried a different router then the issue seems to be with your phone. I'd still suggest a factory reset and NOT flashing anything with ODIN (again, not sure that's possible). Run the phone with the factory software, untouched. If it fails then, most likely it's a chipset issue. I'd try running in Safe Mode just in case and rule out 3rd party apps causing an issue (and turn off BT...)
There is a new addition to the issue. I found a story with a similar issue on the net. I subscribed to a NordVPN trial. And...voila...I have upload speed on wifi. So I asked my internet provider to enabling the bridge mode (there is no such option in their current firmware) in their crappy technicolor 7200 modem. I will test out my old linksys wrt 54 gl and I if it worked without vpn, I would buy a decent router. Interesting that my mother's router can produce the same thing. I'm waiting for their answer. 48 hours...and they will be examine my complain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non