How to get notified of voicemail received when phone was off, or Airplane Mode? Galaxy S7 Edge.

androidloveryes

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
hi
i do receive notification of voice mail when the phone is on and for example im in the shower.
but when im in a meeting(phone off) or on airplain mode and someone record a voicemail, i never get notified and something messages are important you see.

how can i receive (when i turn my phone on) some sort of info that tells me someone has left a voice mail while my phone was off?
tx

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The voicemail notification should still come through at some point after you turn off Airplane Mode. How long are you waiting after turning off Airplane Mode?

If you want a notification while Airplane Mode is off, that's not going to happen, since you're on Airplane Mode (unless you have wi-fi turned on with wi-fi calling active).

androidloveryes

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
HI
how long do i wait? it never notifies me.
Of course i only expect to receive notifications when the air plaine mode has been shut off.
do you have a galazy s7?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have an S7. Do you otherwise get voicemail notifications promptly when you're not in Airplane Mode, or does that also seem to lag?

androidloveryes

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
Hi when i press the power button 3 options appear, eteindre redemarrer et mode urgence in english i guess it is shut down, restard and emergency mode.
is safe mode the same as emergency mode?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No -- in order to get to Safe Mode, power off first, then power on, and right after it starts to power on, press and hold Vol Down until it boots to the homescreen. It should say it's in Safe Mode.

androidloveryes

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
HI i did put my phone in safe mode . turned air plain mode on. used another phone to call my self. waited 20 minutes.
turned the air plane mode off (still in safe mode ) and i received no notifications.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I wonder if it's a bug, then. Let me ask some other Ambassadors who are more familiar with Samsung phones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You never get notifications for voicemail? Have you tried clearing data , cache , force stop phone app?

The OP does get notifications normally, but the problem is that if Airplane Mode is turned on, and somebody leaves a voicemail message during that time, the OP does not get a voicemail notification once Airplane Mode is turned back off (so in effect, that message could be missed for quite a while unless the OP physically checks for any new voicemails).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The OP does get notifications normally, but the problem is that if Airplane Mode is turned on, and somebody leaves a voicemail message during that time, the OP does not get a voicemail notification once Airplane Mode is turned back off (so in effect, that message could be missed for quite a while unless the OP physically checks for any new voicemails).
I still say clear that phone app in case it's a glitch in it to rule that out .

androidloveryes

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
The OP does get notifications normally, but the problem is that if Airplane Mode is turned on (OR PHONE JUST TURNED OFF), and somebody leaves a voicemail message during that time, the OP does not get a voicemail notification once Airplane Mode is turned back off (so in effect, that message could be missed for quite a while unless the OP physically checks for any new voicemails).
Or PHONE JUST TURNED OF

i bougth this cell used and it never showed notification to me.

VHave you tried clearing data , cache , force stop phone app HOw do i do this on edge 7?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Or PHONE JUST TURNED OF

i bougth this cell used and it never showed notification to me.

VHave you tried clearing data , cache , force stop phone app HOw do i do this on edge 7?
Long press the phone app>tap info > go to storage > clear data which will clear cache then hit the back button to previous pages and force stop it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also go into the phone app three dots upper right corner tap it and go to voicemail tap it and check notifications on there

screenshot:Screenshot_20200223-135118_Call%20settings.jpeg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty