Galaxy S7 and Norton Password Manager issue

KatGV

Apr 1, 2021
Visit site
My Galaxy S7 updated Apps last week Norton Password Manager wants me to log in re-install? It did the same thing on my PC's but I am able to get around it I just logged in to my Norton360 and hit the Password Manager extension and they both worked fine, but when trying to login on my Galaxy S7 I only get as far as entering my email and the next button is grey'd out going to help gets error message net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME in Playstore..
I tried Norton Support and they couldn't figure it out elevated to level 2 tech support help tomorrow should get a call.

I tried this on my own... Cleared cache on Norton360, password manager and Playstore. restarted phone (still same issue)
I uninstalled Norton360 and Norton Password Manager restarted phone and reinstalled (still same issue)

Anything else I should try??

Running Android version 8.0.0
Samsung exp ver 9.0

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I wonder if this might be a residual problem related to the Android System Webview bug from last week. Try going to Settings>Apps​, tap Menu>Show System, select Android System Webview, and uninstall all updates. Now see if the problem persists.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!
Can also try clearing data and force stop the app,if the suggestion don't help might have to contact them .

KatGV

Apr 1, 2021
Visit site
Hello tried this webview is showing disabled and wont let me enable it?? I tried force stop and clearing data it would not let me clear data only cache?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I should've realized this before: for phones running Nougat through Pie (including yours), Android System Webview's functions are performed by Chrome, and the actual ASW app is disabled by default. So try uninstalling all updates from Chrome, and see if the problem persists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez