Galaxy S7 - Galaxy labs taken out of USA carrier variants

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Looks to be the USA carriers have taken out the "galaxy lab" feature on the s7 devices that's a bummer, checked with t mobile & Verizon & at&t haven't checked sprint but it doesn't look likely.

Posted via the Android Central App

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy labs taken out of USA carrier variants

Looks to be the USA carriers have taken out the "galaxy lab" feature on the s7 devices that's a bummer, checked with t mobile & Verizon & at&t haven't checked sprint but it doesn't look likely.

Are you talking about Developer Options??

primal5

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site

It's the option to turn off the app drawer and place all the apps on the main page a la iPhone

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

Let me clarify

Attachments

• 38192.jpg
    38192.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 83

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

It's a area to try out new galaxy futures

Attachments

• 38191.jpg
    38191.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 78

anon(730457)

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

Shame to remove the option to kill the app drawer so your launcher has all of your apps like an iPhone?! Why not just get an iPhone. The app drawer is one of the best conveniences on Android; Google even thinking about killing it is anathema to it standing out from the iPhone, and they're already halfway there with the latest Google Now launcher; it's irritating as crap now having Nova Launcher try to emulate it and not have a true center screen, it screws up organizing screens and icons and widgets. I have three hundred apps installs, many not by my choice, having to swipe through a dozen pages and manually organize each app is terror compared to a vertical scroll screen with alphabetized apps tucked in a drawer that I can drag out to a simple 5-panel launcher; anything less is a regression.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Personally I don't really see a big deal,since I use a third-party launcher anyway

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe carriers took out this feature because the feature says things can be removed at any given time so people may expect it to stay the same and if they took it back out it would make people upset, I'm a Samsung rep so daily customers I help out have no clue about phone features lol trust me,i noticed the feature on our in store demo but those are not carrier branded.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I like how it is. I have apps installed I hardly use. I like having shortcuts to apps where I care about locate and launch time. Otherwise for the occasional app I go to the drawer. It seems perfect to me. With iPhone you need to hide these in folders to get them out of the way. I suppose that isn't too bad if you remember which folder you put it in.

Posted via Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I believe carriers took out this feature because the feature says things can be removed at any given time so people may expect it to stay the same and if they took it back out it would make people upset, I'm a Samsung rep so daily customers I help out have no clue about phone features lol trust me,i noticed the feature on our in store demo but those are not carrier branded.

Ah! a Samsung rep... just what the doctor ordered.

Can you confirm, apart from the Global, G930F & G935F, models for the S7 & S7 Edge, what are the carrier variants for those models please?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Shame to remove the option to kill the app drawer so your launcher has all of your apps like an iPhone?! Why not just get an iPhone. The app drawer is one of the best conveniences on Android; Google even thinking about killing it is anathema to it standing out from the iPhone, and they're already halfway there with the latest Google Now launcher; it's irritating as crap now having Nova Launcher try to emulate it and not have a true center screen, it screws up organizing screens and icons and widgets. I have three hundred apps installs, many not by my choice, having to swipe through a dozen pages and manually organize each app is terror compared to a vertical scroll screen with alphabetized apps tucked in a drawer that I can drag out to a simple 5-panel launcher; anything less is a regression.

From what I have read, this option to place all the apps on the home screens like an iPhone is to make those coming from an iPhone, feel comfortable coming to an Android phone the very first time.

I like all the apps in the drawer myself.