07-14-2017 11:51 PM
162 ... 567
tools
    4/12/2016 --- I downloaded the Dunkin Donuts app yesterday 4/11/2016 and right after I started having issues with WIFI. I restarted my router several times, shut my phone off for 20 minutes over and over to reset WIFI, "forgot" my network countless times... to no avail. I was even having problems with my work's WIFI. My boyfriend had no issues, his WIFI was strong and he was streaming videos like a boss. This first post was a hit and as soon as I deleted the Dunkin Donuts app, BAM - WIFI is BACK baby! Thank you mattb16teg!
    04-12-2016 08:47 PM
    All: I had the same issue with a Galaxy Note 4 (Sprint) after the MM update. My problem was the PlayerPro app. After they updated their app (4/16), my issue is gone.
    04-16-2016 02:25 PM
    4/12/2016 --- I downloaded the Dunkin Donuts app yesterday 4/11/2016 and right after I started having issues with WIFI. I restarted my router several times, shut my phone off for 20 minutes over and over to reset WIFI, "forgot" my network countless times... to no avail. I was even having problems with my work's WIFI. My boyfriend had no issues, his WIFI was strong and he was streaming videos like a boss. This first post was a hit and as soon as I deleted the Dunkin Donuts app, BAM - WIFI is BACK baby! Thank you mattb16teg!
    Same here. Deleted Dunkin Donuts and wifi+bluetooth now works.
    04-16-2016 09:46 PM
    Have same problem with WiFi when Bluetooth is on and I have a Galaxy S6. The problem came with Android Marshmallow, before upgrading to Android 6 I had no problem.
    05-09-2016 09:30 AM
    Android: the only OS where an app can mess up your WiFi. Can't believe Windows Phone didn't catch on amongst all this BS. I miss mine lol
    05-09-2016 09:40 AM
    Think I may have found another one - the IHG Rewards app. The WiFi issues have been driving me nuts since getting the S7 - uninstalled the IHG app 2 days ago ( thanks to this thread ) and had no issues so far. Not conclusive, because it would sometimes be ok for hours anyway, but can't remember it working for a couple of days without issues.
    06-03-2016 03:45 AM
    I found this and I know it is specific to a wireless company, but I wonder if it is the problem everyone is having and you might find it helpful.
    06-07-2016 11:20 AM
    Wow. I'm shocked that that actually worked. Installed the new Dunkin Donuts app and uninstalled the old one and everything started working fine again.Crazy.
    06-13-2016 10:31 AM
    Wow. I'm shocked that that actually worked. Installed the new Dunkin Donuts app and uninstalled the old one and everything started working fine again.Crazy.
    I actually have an HTC One M8 and have been living with this issue for months now. I've come dangerously close to blowing through my data allowance quite a few times because I forget to turn wi fi back on. I've tried everything. Wiping the phone, clearing the cache, uninstalling practically everything that isn't Verizon/HTC/Google bloatware. Nothing worked.

Until I found this forum. Uninstalled old DD app (after having installed the new version the other day) and by GOD it looks like it worked.

Thank you Samsung people! I was ready to go buy a new phone from Verizon (at retail no less!) just because I couldn't stand it anymore.

Time to test the crap out of it now to make sure it's really fixed.
    06-22-2016 08:28 PM
    Many thanks for your findings - helped me a lot to get rid of this annoying issue. In the end, "aSpotCat - Permission Checker" was my frind and helped me to find the problematic app in less than 2 minutes.

Just look for "List apps by permission" - "misc. permissions" - klick on the button with the three white buttons and bars - "Access Bluetooth settings"

In my case ist was "Microsoft Health". Great. Anybody interested in a Band 2? ;-)

Links:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...phone.aSpotCat

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-vi...pp-permissions
    11-10-2016 12:07 PM
    07-14-2017 11:42 PM
    I do believe i found the solution for the wifi connectivity issue, at least its what worked for me. It is related to Bluetooth. By default it appears that "to improve location accuracy" bluetooth scanning is enabled. So when you are not paired with a bluetooth device, it is constantly scanning to "improve location". You can see this by opening up bluetooth (when not paired) and you will see the scanning animation next to the on/off slider. To disable this feature, go to Settings > Location > Improve Accuracy > Bluetooth Scanning : turn it off.

Hope this resolves the issue for others as well.
    Thank you for your post. I had downloaded a bad apk file and it jacked up my phone. I hard rebooted it and thought all was ok until the phone started turning on like I had a notice but nothing was there. Thought I had a bad virus or something. Turns out it was just that stupid feature constantly pinging for other devices. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me so thank you for your post.
    07-14-2017 11:51 PM
162 ... 567