Which would YOU choose? Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge?

Which would YOU choose? Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge?

• Total voters

JerseyBiker

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the edge. There are cases for them that fit well and don't take away from the screen. Still waiting on a good glass screen protector though. I always used two hands with my phones going back to my HTC Incredible, which would be considered tiny now days. And I have boxing mitts for hands. :). But the edge is the perfect size for me because it fits well in my jeans front pocket. Anything bigger would be too big. Also the larger battery is great. I sold my 4 month old S6 because of poor battery life. I'm surprised at the larger number of S7 owners here because I read that the edge out sells the S7 3 to 1.

Drunken_Hamster

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Lived with the edge for a few days and returned it for a regular s7. Both one handed and two handed typing is easier. I didn't use the edge features that much and it just seemed to get in my way and cause touch registry errors a few times when one handing. Also the size. It's pretty huge. Going with a case on the s7 will just make it as bulky as the edge got (and thicker than a kyocera) therefore defeating the purpose of a smaller phone, so I'm going naked this time.

I AM, however, having a problem with my transferred preferences giving me a night clock that I can't modify or disable, but hopefully someone here can help with that and it'll be minor.

k3u

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
After years of owning big devices (Note 2, 3, 4, Edge, and Galaxy S6 Edge+), I wanted to try something smaller this time around since I actually love the way the Galaxy S7 rests in the palm of my hand. Never have I been this excited to have a newer phone (I work for T-Mobile).

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I have enough trouble with finger overlap on the normal screen.. I'll pass on the edge. When I put my handset face down it means I want darkness. I love my S7. And S6...

uvalaw

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I went back-and-forth on this choice for more than 2 weeks before finally settling on the S7. The Edge just didn't feel comfortable in my hand.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I love my S7 Edge. Bigger screen and it's still small enough to use with one hand.

Hey, I am asking you because you seem to have both phones from other posts I have read from you. I am a female as well and always had large phones. Came from the 6S Plus. I got the s7 edge mainly for the battery compared to the s7, but my husband has the s7 and it feels amazing in my hand. I find that the edge display makes it hard for one handed operation, I don't use the edge features and the screen is same width but taller than the s7.

I know you are more favorable to the edge, but do I go for the use of comfort over the battery size? I may try it out, the worst case scenario I just sell the s7. Your input would be greatly appreciated!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I am asking you because you seem to have both phones from other posts I have read from you. I am a female as well and always had large phones. Came from the 6S Plus. I got the s7 edge mainly for the battery compared to the s7, but my husband has the s7 and it feels amazing in my hand. I find that the edge display makes it hard for one handed operation, I don't use the edge features and the screen is same width but taller than the s7.

I know you are more favorable to the edge, but do I go for the use of comfort over the battery size? I may try it out, the worst case scenario I just sell the s7. Your input would be greatly appreciated!

I only have the S7 Edge. I put a case on my phone and it really makes it a lot easier to use. I don't use the edge features much at all myself.

Try a case on your phone and see how it goes.

anon(9765483)

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I think that S7 Edge is better than S7 just because of battery life. The difference between 3000mAh and 3600mAh is considerable. I use my phone very often because I haven't acces to my PC during the day so S7 edge is better device for me. Even Note 5 has only 3000mAh so S7 Edge is the best in terms of battery life.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I only have the S7 Edge. I put a case on my phone and it really makes it a lot easier to use. I don't use the edge features much at all myself.

Try a case on your phone and see how it goes.

I agree with this. My S7E is MUCH easier to handle with a case on it. Also, if you have an issue single-hand typing you can actually adjust the keyboard footprint. I pulled both sides of mine in because I was having issues getting responses from the keys that were up against the edge. Haven't had a problem (other than odd text predictions) with that aspect since.

Both my wife and I upgraded from S5's. I went with the Edge, my wife with a regular S7. I wanted the bigger screen and bigger battery more than I cared for the edge features but I do use them occasionally. What really sold me on the S7E vs S7 other than those 2 aspects is that it felt like a new different phone. I usually get a new phone every other year and when I get a new phone I want to feel like a NEW PHONE if that makes sense. When I get on my wife's phone for something, it just feels like a fancier S5 and I've already owned an S5. My wife however LOVES her S7. She was mostly in it for the better camera and faster speed. She was too afraid she'd break the screen if she got the Edge. (which she ended up doing anyways on her S7...).

uvalaw

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Update: I've had my regular S7 now for about 2 weeks and have no regrets about not getting the Edge. The Edge just didn't fit well in my hand. The S7 is perfect.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Update: I've had my regular S7 now for about 2 weeks and have no regrets about not getting the Edge. The Edge just didn't fit well in my hand. The S7 is perfect.
I had the edge, decided to give the s7 a try and so far it is so much more comfortable to hold. I've missed having a "normal" sized Smartphone since I came from the awkwardly designed iPhone 6s Plus.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I also had the edge for like a month and sold it to get the regular s7. No regrets here.l, loving the size.

Posted via the Android Central App

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I also had the edge for like a month and sold it to get the regular s7. No regrets here.l, loving the size.

I hated the grip of the edge on the sides, and hated the edge screen. The build of the s7 is so much better. I do miss the viewing of the larger screen, but being able to operate the phone one handed and have a nice solid grip on it outweighs the slippery hold of the edge. So far battery life hasn't been terrible, do slightly miss the edge battery life but hey that is what wireless charging is for!

What phone did you come from prior to the S7E? I had an iphone 6 plus so I am over the large phablets.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
So far battery life has been great with S7 At&t (thank God it's not lemons) I came from nexus 5x and G4 prior to s7 edge. I really do miss using a phone with 1 hand comfortably and that made me jump to s7. S7 has also better selection of cases than s7e so that's a plus.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So far battery life has been great with S7 At&t (thank God it's not lemons) I came from nexus 5x and G4 prior to s7 edge. I really do miss using a phone with 1 hand comfortably and that made me jump to s7. S7 has also better selection of cases than s7e so that's a plus.

What did you get for your S7 edge? I'm going to sell mine on swappa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez