Why has my Galaxy S7 screen gone black?

A

AC Question

my galaxy 7 sreen is black

i just bough this galaxy 7 i download amazon music it ply 2 songs and the screen is black no responce... WHAT SOULD IDO???

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: my galaxy 7 sreen is black

do you still hear sounds and notifications? if so try holding down volume down button and power button together until the phone restarts, everything should return to normal after that

Posted via the Android Central App

Ronald Coleman

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
The same issue just happened to me after hanging up a phone call. Holding the power and volume down button worked. The phone rebooted and all data restored. This seems to have occured after the software push i loaded last night from samsung. I will update if it happens again.

sillehrabbitz

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I had this happen to me randomly last night. All of a sudden when I was checking my phone notifications in a dark room..I stepped away for a minute and came back, it would not turn on and only the home button keys would glow at the bottom. I held down buttons until it restarted.

I think the culprit of mine though was that turn off screen if its in your pocket setting, so I turned it off for good...I don't need that happening to me all the time. >.<; So far its been ok..hoping that was the problem.