Open Letter to Samsung's Design Dept (why is there no white color?)

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Of All The Things Y'all Have Done That Has Disappointed Me......Not including the "white" color in the selection of your, "next best thing" has got to be what has disappointed me the MOST... OR, at the VERY least, not putting a finish on the other colors that mask or reduce slime…Other Manufacturers manage to do it ALL THE TIME, why can’t YOU?!

And trust me, i have had my share of Samsung devices only to find out y’all snuck this in or snuck that out, when "no one was looking"… (a tactic y’all wisely don’t do with your “flagship products” due to the incredible scrutiny they receive)

And even tho it is nearly IMPOSSBLE to “please everyone” trust me when I say, the disappointments with your products have been many, from,”watered down supposed flagships” to “low powered all in one computers” to upgrades that never come, to “EXPENSIVE all hype, low picture quality Galaxy Cameras (Galaxy Camera I AND II I might add)…

Yes, it has DEFINITELY been a love-hate relationship I have had with y’all….BUT with the VAST improvements you have brought to y’all’s latest lineup from improving Touch Wiz to removing stutter & lag to improved battery, and the other countless improvements y’all have made, and all the lessons you have learned, I am truly disappointed in y’all’s glaring omission of the “white color” and I KNOW I am not the only one… I read so many posts where ppl opt for the silver because white is "not available", but to me, the silver is the SAME fingerprint mess within minutes as the other 2 colors...

It isn't only because i have been a "white electronics gadget fan" since way back in the 70's (yesssss, i am talkin' wayyyyy back : ) with my WHITE SWATCH WATCH, but since you have never figured out HOW to put a finish on your devices that defy fingerprints, your BEAUTIFUL phones in any other color look like hell within minutes of handling them....

Putting a case on that phone isn’t an option since i am 100% fan of "cases-LESS phones with ZERO screen protection”, and with the durability of phones these days, more & more ppl are opting to use their phones, “unprotected”…

Is it really possible y’all’s design team just continually can IGNORE the finish of y’all’s phones??!! It is the ONE thing (in my opinion) that impedes, no wait, “crushes” the final product by having it go from “a sleek, sexy, beautiful device you’re proud to own within seconds of handling to a “fingerprint, smudged greasy laden object you’re almost embarrassed for someone to see”….

I know A LOT of ppl could care less or even "hated" on the white color, but since there are still gazillions of us that STILL prefer the white color, I REALLY hope y’all reconsider for future….

If you don't offer white color or improved "finish" in Note 6, it will be the first Note i don't buy...

all in2.jpg

(as u can see i don't just "play a Sammy Fangirl" I AM ONE!)

BTC

(And before any “First World Problem” ppl even THINK about responding, let me just say I, of course, realize it could be considered ridiculous to “fret & put so much energy” into something as nominal as a phone “color” when some ppl cannot even afford to put a meal on their family’s table”, but that is why I am posting it HERE and not in “changetheworld.org”
:-*

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Open Letter to Samsung's Design Dept

Sorry Bossy Texas Chick but it looks as though your U.S. carrier does not offer you the choice of the Samsung Galaxy S7 in white on their model. Not really Samsung's fault I would have thought. Perhaps you should take this up with your particular carrier instead or purchase an unbranded Global version with stock, unbloated, Samsung firmware and the octa core Exynos processor, if you are on a GSM compatible network.

Here are all four Galaxy S7 and S7 edge colors

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Sorry Bossy Texas Chick but it looks as though your U.S. carrier does not offer you the choice of the Samsung Galaxy S7 in white on their model. Not really Samsung's fault I would have thought. Perhaps you should take this up with your particular carrier instead or purchase an unbranded Global version with stock, unbloated, Samsung firmware and the octa core Exynos processor, if you are on a GSM compatible network.

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/ironass01/galaxy-s7-edge-all-colors-backs_zpsmhlthxbx.jpg

sorry but i have searched far & wide, cannot, and i repeat CANNOT find a white version to import... There is ONE S7 Duos still available on nevermsrp's Ebay site, but that removes the sd card option... And yes, you can "hack/modify" the SIM tray, but if you've ever broken a SIM pin, you'd know that's not really an option...

And even IF it were available in Europe and NOT in USA, that's just crazy too, cuz with our fried chicken, french fries & ribs, we need a finish that doesn't retain "grease" more than anywhere in the world!" lol

BTC

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

sorry but i have searched far & wide, cannot, and i repeat CANNOT find a white version to import... There is ONE S7 Duos still available on nevermsrp's Ebay site, but that removes the sd card option... And yes, you can "hack/modify" the SIM tray, but if you've ever broken a SIM pin, you'd know that's not really an option...

And even IF it were available in Europe and NOT in USA, that's just crazy too, cuz with our fried chicken, french fries & ribs, we need a finish that doesn't retain "grease" more than anywhere in the world!" lol

BTC
I don't follow... The s7 duos can use a single sim plus micro SD or dual sim. This is by design.

You can modify it to support dual sim plus microSD, which can cause problems, but that is a separate issue, since no usa model supports dual sim anyway...

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Did you try...

Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F 32GB 4G White - smartphones

Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F (FACTORY UNLOCKED) 32GB - Black White Silver Gold

Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) White

Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F 32GB White 4G Unlocked +16GB+Gifts+1Yr Wty*FedEx*

BTC

Did you try...

14 Fat-Free Foods as Part of a Fat-Conscious Diet

What can I eat on a fat free diet?

;)

Last edited:

runamonk

May 12, 2010
Visit site

[url]http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/ironass01/galaxy-s7-edge-all-colors-backs_zpsmhlthxbx.jpg[/URL]
I'm with you! I love my white tab 2... This is my first black phone in years.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Did you try...

Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F 32GB 4G White - smartphones

Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F (FACTORY UNLOCKED) 32GB - Black White Silver Gold

Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) White

Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F 32GB White 4G Unlocked +16GB+Gifts+1Yr Wty*FedEx*

half of those links are out of stock for white or don't ship to USA... but i am sorry, i meant specifically the S7 Edge.. To me, THAT one is the real "killer phone of the 2".. The S7, while nice, without the bigger scren or curved edges just leaves me "flat" (Even IF it were available in WHITE : )

BTC

Did you try...

14 Fat-Free Foods as Part of a Fat-Conscious Diet

What can I eat on a fat free diet?

lol... fat free diet? might as well just kill me now!

;)

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

while no USA carrier doesn't support "dual SIM", the user is free to have "dual carriers" to utilize dual SIM slot...... but its moot because i haven't seen ANY S7 Edge white phones available, duos or otherwise...

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I posted here about the lack of a shimmery white S7 before the phone even dropped! In fact, I was holding out hope that Verizon would surprise us and come out with one. I didn't want a "premium" material S5. Glass is slippery. Glass might be "premium" for some things. To me, it ain't too premium when you can't hold the silly thing in your had because it's so slippery. I know a lot of people didn't have any love for the plastic shimmery back of the S5, but I loved it! White glass would be better at hiding fingerprints than gold or black but it's still inferior for practical reasons.
BossyTexasChick, you had me until the ill-fated "sexy" term :confused: Just baffles the mind that inanimate objects such as a phone are labled "sexy". Sleek, refined maybe but sexy?? :eek:

I had a Shimmery white S5 and I have white Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. The back of that is plastic made to look like bound leather. It shows no fingerprints and has a grip to it.

So lets recap...the "non"premium plastic with a pindot pattern in a non glossy shimmery texture shows no fingerprints and offers some grip...win-win. The "non" premium plastic leather bound non glossy back of the Galaxy Note 10.1 also no fingerprints and offers some texture for grip...win-win

S7 generation of phones are made of "premium" glass. They are infamous for flying out of people's hands (mind included) and are fingerprint magnets...in my book that's a lose-lose!

I have two cases. A Spigen Ultra Hybrid with a glossy clear back (again, fingerprints) and a crystal rose bumper. My fav. And a Caseology matte gold edge with a textured plastic navy colored back. NICE case just not feminine enough. It will look good this fall and winter with darker clothes and handbags :)

Oh, and I called Verizon a few weeks ago to ask about the possibility of a white S7. They said that was up to Samsung. I called Samsung (knowing I wouldn't get to anyone that gave a rip about what color phones they produce so I just asked that it get sent to the appropriate dept for consideration.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

And just to clarify, yes, there might be a way to obtain a white S7 Edge if i wanted to "take my chances with Sellers that import, search the ends of the Earth & not to mention pay upwards of 900.00$$ for a phone that for all accounts i should be ale to get locally for 700 bucks if Samsung didn't "pull that color" from North America distribution...

As hard as Samsung has tried to "get it right", (and truly, for the MOST part, this time has SUCCEEDED) wouldn't it be just as simple to incorporate a finish that holds up to their precious offering being handled, "more than ONCE" without needing a complete wipe down?
:-*

Maybe it doesn't matter to the avg person, but truthfully, as much as i love white, when i saw their "black" actually was going to be "true laquer Piano black" i was drooling... and then the tech world handled it a few times and i was like "oh, not NO but Hellll no!"

All's i'm sayin'....

BTC

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

while no USA carrier doesn't support "dual SIM", the user is free to have "dual carriers" to utilize dual SIM slot...... but its moot because i haven't seen ANY S7 Edge white phones available, duos or otherwise...

Sorry, my bad. I wrongly assumed that as you had posted in the S7 and not the S7 Edge forum, that you meant the ordinary S7.

Did you try...

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F (Unlocked, 32GB, White)

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge SM-G935F 32GB 4G White - smartphones (Single SIM, Android, NanoSIM, GSM, HSPA+, LTE)

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F (FACTORY UNLOCKED) Black White Silver Gold

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935F) White

I've seen quite a few white S7 Edge's in the U.K. :)

I'm just plain spoiling you now.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, my bad. I wrongly assumed that as you had posted in the S7 and not the S7 Edge forum, that you meant the ordinary S7.

Did you try...

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F (Unlocked, 32GB, White)

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge SM-G935F 32GB 4G White - smartphones (Single SIM, Android, NanoSIM, GSM, HSPA+, LTE)

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F (FACTORY UNLOCKED) Black White Silver Gold

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935F) White

I've seen quite a few white S7 Edge's in the U.K. :)

I'm just plain spoiling you now.

lol... yeah my bad on wrong forum but really my plea is for BOTH models... And those links return the SAME results... Either "only available for pre-order" (which will never come), out of stock on white color or no shipping to USA...

And the sole point of this post was to yeild a bunch of, "heck yeah Samsung, come ON, bring us back the white model!" not a zillion replies that will just endorse their decision to not offer white or a finish that will deflect fingerprints...

Work with me People! lol

BTC

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

lol... yeah my bad on wrong forum but really my plea is for BOTH models... And those links return the SAME results... Either "only available for pre-order" (which will never come), out of stock on white color or no shipping to USA...

And the sole point of this post was to yeild a bunch of, "heck yeah Samsung, come ON, bring us back the white model!" not a zillion replies that will just endorse their decision to not offer white... Work with me People! lol

BTC

Like I said in an earlier post BOSSY TEXAS CHICK, it is not Samsung's fault that your U.S. carrier did not choose to offer the white models of the S7 and S7 Edge on their carrier minority variants.

You should be really addressing your concern to whichever U.S. carrier you are with. They are the ones calling the shots on their own carrier models, both on hardware, carrier branded firmware and not to mention locked bootloaders.

As to the seeming lack of availability of both the S7/Edge white models, that would be down to their popularity in the rest of the free world.

However, just to whet your appetite, (torment)...

Unboxing Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge White (Nerdish Style)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7pINYc6tfQ

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Like I said in an earlier post BOSSY TEXAS CHICK, it is not Samsung's fault that your U.S. carrier did not choose to offer the white models of the S7 and S7 Edge on their carrier minority variants.

You should be really addressing your concern to whichever U.S. carrier you are with. They are the ones calling the shots on their own carrier models, both on hardware, carrier branded firmware and not to mention locked bootloaders.

As to the seeming lack of availability of both the S7/Edge white models, that would be down to their popularity in the rest of the free world.

However, just to whet your appetite, (torment)...

Unboxing Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge White (Nerdish Style)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7pINYc6tfQ

Yah, it kinda IS Sammy's fault.. The lack of availibility on white model is evident EVERYWHERE...

Check your links, there isn't a white model to be had almost anywhere... Did find one in Germany, but i'm not trying to pay upwards of 1000 bucks for this phone...

And that STILL doesn't address the Design Dept's "poor finish" on the current models...They DO make "matte glass, frosted glass, etc...They could just as easily coat it..."

Bootloader issue would not be an issue with the Design Dept, which my letter was addressed to. And quite frankly, with HOW good their phones have gotten, i haven't felt the need to root since Note 4....

And as for the video you supplied (and believe me, i've watched them ALL : ) i'm not "jonesing" too bad for the white model, as i was able to score a brand new white S6 Edge Plus a few weeks ago for under $600.00 and its upgraded to Official Mashmallow & its pret-ty dang amazing in its own right!

edge plus.jpg

But why i felt so compelled to write my letter is BECAUSE of EXACTLY how much i am loving the S6 Plus, and am fearful the "white phone is gone and the gold color (shudder) is here to stay...." : (

BTC

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Yah, it kinda IS Sammy's fault.. The lack of availibility on white model is evident EVERYWHERE...

That's because the white model is so popular and you did not pre-order one. Even as we speak, I am sure the Samsung production lines are churning out even more white models to meet the increased demand worldwide.

Check your links, there isn't a white model to be had almost anywhere... Did find one in Germany, but i'm not trying to pay upwards of 1000 bucks for this phone...

So, you do accept that there are indeed white S7 and S7 Edge models produced by Samsung... just that the U.S. carriers do not offer them for their models.

I am sure that if you are a little bit patient, you can get an S7 Edge in white on the Global model, G935F.

In the meantime, you could change the thread title to, say, "Open letter to [insert your carrier's name], why do you not offer the white S7 Edge" ;)

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

That's because the white model is so popular and you did not pre-order one. Even as we speak, I am sure the Samsung production lines are churning out even more white models to meet the increased demand worldwide.

So, you do accept that there are indeed white S7 and S7 Edge models produced by Samsung... just that the U.S. carriers do not offer them for their models.

I am sure that if you are a little bit patient, you can get an S7 Edge in white on the Global model, G935F.

In the meantime, you could change the thread title to, say, "Open letter to [insert your carrier's name], why do you not offer the white S7 Edge" ;)

good grief! it is NOT a carrier thing, google it! and it is not a "patience" thing that i need, its an "inventory" thing.... lordy!, if its THIS HARD getting thru to a handful of readers/posters, i imagine its IMPOSSIBLE to convey it to Samsung... {shrugs, gives up, moves on...} i guess there's always Rust-Oleum...lol

Mods, may as well close thread, zero headway made... We're done HERE

BTC

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's a matter of why couldn't they.. I think it's more the fact of looking at sales and white must've been less popular hence them taking it out.

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I personally think the S7 improved the proportions, and other important details, where the S6 horribly missed in my opinion, it sucks that color options are restricted or delayed in certain regions (issue in general with flagships these days, not just SAMSUNG).

Love the thicker design all around, at last Samsung gets the aluminum bezel right.