Samsung galaxy s7 front camera is SO Blurry

A

AC Question

I got a new samsung galaxy s7 (black not edge) phone a few days ago - the back camera is incredible - especially since i upgraded from the s5.
BUT the front camera is awful, i was expecting it to blow the s5's 2mp front camera out of the water, but it is so horrible. it's blurry and you can't actually see the details on my face at all (i have freckles and i like to see them not have them blurred to oblivion)
Yes beauty face is off, yes im standing in the shade surrounded by natural lighting and it makes no difference. it will focus on one part of my face (lips or nose) and the rest is blurry and horrible.

I've seen this question asked many times with someone claiming a fix would be coming out on an update, but it obviously hasn't yet.
Can anyone help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First things first--you don't have any kind of screen protector on, do you?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have a screen protector on that's covering up the front camera lens and you've made sure the front camera lens is clean and you have the Beauty filter off maybe you need to replace the phone. My S7 takes WAAAY better front cam pictures than my S5 did. Not even in the same league. A couple of months ago we bought an expensive glass screen protector for my husband's S5. It was made specifically for a S5 but we just discovered that there is no cutout for the front camera lens!

jakeuten

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
My front camera works well on the camera app but it's absolutely garbage on snapchat.

AT&T Galaxy S7 Onyx Black with Unlimited Data

imasiren

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
My front camera is pretty decent. I never have any issues with blurry pictures unless it's just not focused correctly. Maybe check your camera settings or like the others said check the screen protector if you have one.

thisisdeevs

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I am absolutely losing my mind over this!!! Snapchat and some other 3rd party apps make the front camera a piece of crap that makes my photos look like they were taken by a ham sandwich. Spending this kind of money on a phone and have this happen is infuriating.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am absolutely losing my mind over this!!! Snapchat and some other 3rd party apps make the front camera a piece of crap that makes my photos look like they were taken by a ham sandwich. Spending this kind of money on a phone and have this happen is infuriating.

Blame it on the app, not the phone.

Mkaylaaa

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I got a new samsung galaxy s7 (black not edge) phone a few days ago - the back camera is incredible - especially since i upgraded from the s5.
BUT the front camera is awful, i was expecting it to blow the s5's 2mp front camera out of the water, but it is so horrible. it's blurry and you can't actually see the details on my face at all (i have freckles and i like to see them not have them blurred to oblivion)
Yes beauty face is off, yes im standing in the shade surrounded by natural lighting and it makes no difference. it will focus on one part of my face (lips or nose) and the rest is blurry and horrible.

I've seen this question asked many times with someone claiming a fix would be coming out on an update, but it obviously hasn't yet.
Can anyone help?

I'm having the same issue in my opinion my s6 camera was way better. The s7 is very blurry or makes me look like a cartoon it's annoying

Eric Christian

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Its because S7 front camera not auto sharpen it's software issue and main thing its wide angle so do not to close up when shoot with front camera

You can see in my attachment! you can shapren the image with adobe express and it's the same thing

Thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp-Image-2016-08-30-at-14.23.45.jpg
    WhatsApp-Image-2016-08-30-at-14.23.45.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 29