Why is my S7 overheating

A

AC Question

Hi there. So I've noticed my brand new s7 has been getting very warm under normal useage and is also impacting the battery life. For instance I've been browsing this forum for 20 mins and my batt temp has risen from 29c to 35c and battery has dropped 4%. Now this seems to happen more form browsing the net or facebook than anything else (strangely youtube heats it up slower). It rarely goes above 40c but usually stays between 38-40c when I'm browsing and will slowly drop. I'm just concerned as comparing it to my old phone (z3) this is getting as warm from browsing the net as that dod shooting 4k and playing games. I've also tried all the tips I've read including hard reset and it hasn't really helped. I wouldst describe it as really hot definetly would describe it as too warm. Is it time to take it back or this just something s7s are plagued with?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
The S7 series have liquid cooling, it will be active those first days. I was shocked how warm)hot placed on bare skin.

I found some of my chargers were not compliant and had to throw out, like one Anker unit, or any from Apple (one from iPad & iPhone 6S).

In some cases, a factory reset worked. Samsung has a newer build if S7. And hard to know if yours went through manufacturing with no issues and bin parts. Like some cameras that do get special label if it passed all tests with flying colors during priduction. I say that because mine died after just 4 days - black screen of death and heating up.

But those temps sound fine. What do you use for measuring and reporting?

Nemoh88

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
The S7 series have liquid cooling, it will be active those first days. I was shocked how warm)hot placed on bare skin.

I found some of my chargers were not compliant and had to throw out, like one Anker unit, or any from Apple (one from iPad & iPhone 6S).

In some cases, a factory reset worked. Samsung has a newer build if S7. And hard to know if yours went through manufacturing with no issues and bin parts. Like some cameras that do get special label if it passed all tests with flying colors during priduction. I say that because mine died after just 4 days - black screen of death and heating up.

But those temps sound fine. What do you use for measuring and reporting?

Hi there. I'm the op but I think my name may have changed? Can you explain about the liquid cooling please? You say its active the first few days so surely it should be less hot if it's active? And I use Gsam to check the temps. I know those temps arent exactly going to be damaging parts etc but I still think this is way too warm for a phone when just surfing the web. I have two friends with the exact phone and they say theirs never get warm (apart from charging and when putting it under stress) do you still think I should take it back to the shop or do you think they will say they wont be able to send it away?

Nemoh88

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
And to put it into perspective. Since posting the above reply, my phone has gone from 27c to 38c and I've also lost 10% battery already!

Nemoh88

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Those tests are all well and good but mine is overheating from basic use and I have friends with the phone who assure me there's is nothing like mine. I'm just about to take it back so I'll let you know how it goes.

Nemoh88

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Those tests are all well and good but mine is overheating from basic use and I have friends with the phone who assure me there's is nothing like mine. I'm just about to take it back so I'll let you know how it goes.

They (CPW) said the phone seemed faulty and got a new one. Seems a lot better. Slightly worried as it's warm at the moment but I have been using it a lot just off the charger so I'm sure it is fine and it seemed a lot cooler yesterday.

Nemoh88

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
They (CPW) said the phone seemed faulty and got a new one. Seems a lot better. Slightly worried as it's warm at the moment but I have been using it a lot just off the charger so I'm sure it is fine and it seemed a lot cooler yesterday.

I'm now getting around 32-33°C after about half hour of normal use. Would someone tell me if that is normal or a bit too high?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non