Will the S7 Ever Receive Nougat?

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking about getting an S7 but I don't want to be locked in with Marshmallow forever.
I wonder if Samsung will step up their game after the Note 7 fiasco and throw a bone to their existing S7 flagship owners?
How are the Security updates flowing? Monthly?
Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I meant will Samsung speed up the process and make Nougat available sooner rather than later.

I realize that carrier testing will slow things down even more. I am not sure Samsung will want to release Nougat for the S7 just before the S8 is due to arrive, assuming the rumors of a possible March 2017 release are true.

-Rich

Why do you call it "a bone"? We will get the update regardless of what has transpired with the N7.

Last edited:

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I meant will Samsung speed up the process and make Nougat available sooner rather than later.

I realize that carrier testing will slow things down even more. I am not sure Samsung will want to release Nougat for the S7 just before the S8 is due to arrive, assuming the rumors of a possible March 2017 release are true.

-Rich

I have the Dual Sim Galaxy S7 International Unlocked version and I'm still on the August Patch, I doubt I will enjoy Nougat before I get bored of this phone and sell it by the time Samsung finish their testing and release it

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
❓Are you Guys refer to the Samsung Gs7 : Waiting to jump from Marshmallow
to Nougat..rumors that will be on Nov-2016 other sources that in Jan-2017
The SGs7 is an oxon phone..Hope function better after get Nougat-Bye!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the Dual Sim Galaxy S7 International Unlocked version and I'm still on the August Patch, I doubt I will enjoy Nougat before I get bored of this phone and sell it by the time Samsung finish their testing and release it
Are you in the US? I got a dual sim version too but I'm on the October patch.