Can I get back status bar notifications while on lock screen?

vertigoelectric

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
When the lock screen is on, I don't get my notifications in the status bar. With my S5 I was so used to just turning on my screen and checking the status bar to see if I had any new notifications. Now I have to turn on my screen and also unlock it.

I don't like the big "banner-like" notifications that show up in the middle of the screen.

How do I get the notifications in the status bar to show up again?

In short, i want the status bar to show the same info whether on the home screen OR lock screen.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Depends on what you want on the lockscreen. Widgetlocker was made by the maker of Nova Launcher but it hasn't been updated in a very long time. Functionality wise though, it's waay up there. You could also try Hi Locker. It's made by devs from XDA.

vertigoelectric

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Depends on what you want on the lockscreen. Widgetlocker was made by the maker of Nova Launcher but it hasn't been updated in a very long time. Functionality wise though, it's waay up there. You could also try Hi Locker. It's made by devs from XDA.

Thank you. I really don't want/need anything on the lock screen. Right now it's just the clock and a couple of quick access items at the bottom, but I'll gladly sacrifice those if I can get my status bar visibility back.

I'll try your suggestions. I'm already using Nova Launcher so maybe integrating their lock screen will be smooth.

Thanks!

vertigoelectric

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi Locker is not a solution. It hides even more items from the status bar than the stock lock screen does. I don't see any option to change this.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I seem to remember it had the option to not hide the status bar. But it's not been a while since I used it. Not sure if I had ot confused with Next Locker.

vertigoelectric

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I seem to remember it had the option to not hide the status bar. But it's not been a while since I used it. Not sure if I had ot confused with Next Locker.

Well, yes. It does allow me to display the status bar, but it still hides a lot of the icons within the status bar, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty