When the lock screen is on, I don't get my notifications in the status bar. With my S5 I was so used to just turning on my screen and checking the status bar to see if I had any new notifications. Now I have to turn on my screen and also unlock it.

I don't like the big "banner-like" notifications that show up in the middle of the screen.

How do I get the notifications in the status bar to show up again?

In short, i want the status bar to show the same info whether on the home screen OR lock screen.
    11-02-2016 12:53 PM
    Short of getting a different lockscreen app, I have no idea.
    11-02-2016 01:14 PM
    Short of getting a different lockscreen app, I have no idea.
    That's really unfortunate. Are there any 3rd party lockscreens you could recommend?
    11-04-2016 04:11 PM
    Depends on what you want on the lockscreen. Widgetlocker was made by the maker of Nova Launcher but it hasn't been updated in a very long time. Functionality wise though, it's waay up there. You could also try Hi Locker. It's made by devs from XDA.
    11-04-2016 04:32 PM
    Depends on what you want on the lockscreen. Widgetlocker was made by the maker of Nova Launcher but it hasn't been updated in a very long time. Functionality wise though, it's waay up there. You could also try Hi Locker. It's made by devs from XDA.
    Thank you. I really don't want/need anything on the lock screen. Right now it's just the clock and a couple of quick access items at the bottom, but I'll gladly sacrifice those if I can get my status bar visibility back.

I'll try your suggestions. I'm already using Nova Launcher so maybe integrating their lock screen will be smooth.

Thanks!
    11-04-2016 04:35 PM
    Hi Locker is not a solution. It hides even more items from the status bar than the stock lock screen does. I don't see any option to change this.
    11-04-2016 04:48 PM
    I seem to remember it had the option to not hide the status bar. But it's not been a while since I used it. Not sure if I had ot confused with Next Locker.
    11-04-2016 06:11 PM
    I seem to remember it had the option to not hide the status bar. But it's not been a while since I used it. Not sure if I had ot confused with Next Locker.
    Well, yes. It does allow me to display the status bar, but it still hides a lot of the icons within the status bar, which is what I'm trying to avoid.
    11-04-2016 06:40 PM