Tmo US Nougat beta

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Today is Tmo USA nougat beta launch. I registered for the beta last Wednesday about 2p.

Checked today and so far no update available. I also checked the Samsung beta app and I'm getting server error message. Doesn't appear to see my registration as the register/deregister (yes, Samsung actually used deregister instead of unregister) toggle shows register. I click it and get server error.

Hope I didn't get dropped.

Would be interested to learn what other Tmo US beta testers see on their devices.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Today is Tmo USA nougat beta launch. I registered for the beta last Wednesday about 2p.

Checked today and so far no update available. I also checked the Samsung beta app and I'm getting server error message. Doesn't appear to see my registration as the register/deregister (yes, Samsung actually used deregister instead of unregister) toggle shows register. I click it and get server error.

Hope I didn't get dropped.

Would be interested to learn what other Tmo US beta testers see on their devices.

Damn same here. I managed to register last week, now I'm getting the server error and it does not say "deregister" in the drop down menu anymore.

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happening here for me as well. registered Thur, now deregistered for some annoying reason and getting the server error. Ugh. WTF

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
mod note... like gramma says... "If you don't have anything nice to say...."

I like gramma, gramma is smart... listen to gramma.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I was never able to register. Still getting the error message

As far as everything I've read, registration is/was required to be eligible. We shall see how today goes and when/if the download becomes available.

I'm also keeping an eye on Tmonews website to see if they report availability.

Hopefully, Samsung opens up more slots for testing. They should, more testers typically yields a better product. If Microsoft and Apple can be ok with nearly unlimited beta registrations, Samsung should be as well.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
As far as everything I've read, registration is/was required to be eligible. We shall see how today goes and when/if the download becomes available.

I'm also keeping an eye on Tmonews website to see if they report availability.

Hopefully, Samsung opens up more slots for testing. They should, more testers typically yields a better product. If Microsoft and Apple can be ok with nearly unlimited beta registrations, Samsung should be as well.

I am aware that registration was required to qualify. When the app won't give you the chance to register it sucks.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Unless Samsung pulls a Sprint and releases this thing close to midnight, it looks like we are gonna be out of luck today lol.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
So far, no bugs to report. My battery life has been spectacular, and although maybe a placebo effect, I could swear the phone is running smoother. Loving Nougat so far!

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
So far, no bugs to report. My battery life has been spectacular, and although maybe a placebo effect, I could swear the phone is running smoother. Loving Nougat so far!
I totally think the battery is much improved, and everything seems snappier and the screen seems more vivid.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Overall I'm pleased with the Nougat beta, so far.

Battery life seems improved (however I'm not happy that Samsung has chosen to remove the ability to auto invoke power save mode. Nougat reference OS has the feature, just Samsung decided to block it. Samsungs "solution" is to provide a 15% low battery notification leaving the user to manually select power save mode. Dumb, if you ask me)

Definitely seems snappier.

Overall, I like seeing more Android and less TouchWiz.

I am having an issue with the CNN news app crashing constantly. Samsung claims this is caused by a 3rd party app. Which one I don't know but Samsung claims they've notified the developer.

I've also had a couple issues with multi window view. Where I could not get an app to go back to full window. Solution was a reboot.

Overall, a solid beta that should hopefully only get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress