saving contacts

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Most of my contacts are backed up to an old gmail account. Due to a physco ex I am no longer using that account. Is there an easy way to transfer those contacts to my phone and back them up to my new account? I can't seem to find a way. TIA

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You would still need access to your old Google Account, and you can do it easily from http://contacts.google.com Just select the contacts you want to Export, then select Export and you can choose which file format to do this in. If you're going to another Google Account, there's a 'Google CSV' format you can use, then just import that file into your new Google Account.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
You would still need access to your old Google Account, and you can do it easily from http://contacts.google.com Just select the contacts you want to Export, then select Export and you can choose which file format to do this in. If you're going to another Google Account, there's a 'Google CSV' format you can use, then just import that file into your new Google Account.

Is there an easy way to do it from my phone?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can do the same from your phone, but the CSV file, I believe, it's a standard one and not sure if it will import correctly (or with all data; basic name/number data, however, should not be lost) to Google Contacts, but yeah, it's possible.

Just go to the Contacts app, tap the menu button, select Settings, then Import/export contacts, then Export. It will ask you where to export to and that's it. You can then import the file into your new account.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
You can do the same from your phone, but the CSV file, I believe, it's a standard one and not sure if it will import correctly (or with all data; basic name/number data, however, should not be lost) to Google Contacts, but yeah, it's possible.

Just go to the Contacts app, tap the menu button, select Settings, then Import/export contacts, then Export. It will ask you where to export to and that's it. You can then import the file into your new account.

I figured it out. Thanks!!!