Absolutely hate 7.0. I will give it a few more days and configure options as best I can.

pvogt

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
From what I understand I cannot revert to the previous version on my S7 Edge. I have been an Android user since its first introduction, but I cant deal with this new version. They ruined my perfect phone. My thought is to wipe my phone and go back to default and not accept any updates... and live with the repersussions of this until this horrible update is updated "again." They trashed the UI. I'm hoping an alternative path evolves that will allow me to revert to the last version (pre-Nougat)...anyone know if this is possible?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand I cannot revert to the previous version on my S7 Edge. I have been an Android user since its first introduction, but I cant deal with this new version. They ruined my perfect phone. My thought is to wipe my phone and go back to default and not accept any updates... and live with the repersussions of this until this horrible update is updated "again." They trashed the UI. I'm hoping an alternative path evolves that will allow me to revert to the last version (pre-Nougat)...anyone know if this is possible?

I doubt there would be an official path back.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Only rooting and flashing a previous ROM would let you do that (although not sure if possible with the S7 because of Knox).

Anything that is especially troubling you that we might be able to help with? In my case, other than the annoying pop-up notifications you can't disable individually anymore, I haven't really noticed any major changes other than better performance and a bit of better battery life. But then again, I do use themes, Nova as my launcher, and don't use any stock app...

pvogt

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
One of the things I really dont like is the nofications function, which is very important to me; they changed the whole look and feel. I review my notifications throughout the course of the day and find this function now very difficult to quickly scroll through and analyze. No help needed. I just need to use this version for a few weeks before I mess with any drastic changes.

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I guess this just shows how everyone is different. I absolutely love the new notification process. Especially the ability to reply, mark as read and delete either texts and emails. Sorry it's not working out for you.

Kim Irene

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
My problem since the update is the text/background contrast (or lack thereof). Where it is most bothersome is the text message app - I cannot see the contact/number of my conversations.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Just a note to the OP. Wiping your phone (factory reset) won't take it back to Marshmallow. Just the barebones Nougat ROM. When an update like this is applied, it replaces what came from the factory.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Every time, without fail.
"I want the new version. NOW"

New version comes out.
"I want the OLD version back."

I like Nougat.

BladeJrs

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Can you let us know what issues you're having with Nougat? I'm actually a pretty big fan (despite the crappy battery life I have now) so I'm just curious to hear what exactly you don't like about it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you let us know what issues you're having with Nougat? I'm actually a pretty big fan (despite the crappy battery life I have now) so I'm just curious to hear what exactly you don't like about it.

Have you cleared your cache? Mine was choppy and battery life was looking bad right after the update, but once I did that, it was snappy and my battery actually lasts a couple hours more than before.

MarkMN

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm liking Nougat so far. I use Nova Launcher so it still looks the same. I've been messing around learning the different things it does, just like when I get a new phone. I still make phone calls, send text messages, check things on the internet, check my schedule, read documents, check notifications just like before.

I did a "wipe cache partition" after the update, and it runs smooth now. It was a little choppy right afterwards but settled down fairly quickly. I think the battery life is better now, and like to be able to put apps to sleep.

Mark

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
One of the things I really dont like is the nofications function, which is very important to me; they changed the whole look and feel. I review my notifications throughout the course of the day and find this function now very difficult to quickly scroll through and analyze. No help needed. I just need to use this version for a few weeks before I mess with any drastic changes.

What app are you using for sms? The Samsung app? that stinks. Ugly. Get Android Messenger from Google. Best sms app I've used.

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
What app are you using for sms? The Samsung app? that stinks. Ugly. Get Android Messenger from Google. Best sms app I've used.

I tried Google messenger, and liked it for the short time I used it. I could not get pics that were sent to me to download so I went back to Verizon's message+.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Nougat is a fairly big change, and not just for Samsung devices.

You'd have to get used to many of the changes, but once you do, Marshmallow kinda feels old, even though it's still a solid OS.

D_Blumen

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
Every. Single. Time.

I don't fall into either of those two categories...

After a couple of days on Nougat, I can't really see the difference between Marshmallow and Nougat. Can anyone tell me what's so different about these two? (other than the obvious cosmetic differences)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38