Pause on Boot to Recovery

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
After updating to Nougat, when I boot to recovery, it pauses at a screen with a "dead" Android icon that says "no command" see attached. It stays there for about a minute, then enters recovery.

This happened under marshmallow too, but only for a millisecond. Anyone else have this experience?

Attachments

• 3633.jpg
    3633.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 11

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That's normal.

You're supposed to use a button combo command to confirm that you want to go into the recovery. For most phones, it's holding the power button while pressing the volume up button.

Not sure what it is for the S7, but try the combo I mentioned above. Additionally, the S7 may have done it differently.

This happens on stock recoveries. On custom recoveries, this is not a thing.

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
That's normal.

You're supposed to use a button combo command to confirm that you want to go into the recovery. For most phones, it's holding the power button while pressing the volume up button.

Not sure what it is for the S7, but try the combo I mentioned above. Additionally, the S7 may have done it differently.

This happens on stock recoveries. On custom recoveries, this is not a thing.

That is what I do to enter recovery. But it still pauses on this screen for about a minute. I can still get into recovery, but wondering if the pause is normal for the s7 (since I noticed it on marshmallow).

I tested my wife's s7 and saw the same thing.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
That is what I do to enter recovery. But it still pauses on this screen for about a minute. I can still get into recovery, but wondering if the pause is normal for the s7 (since I noticed it on marshmallow).

I tested my wife's s7 and saw the same thing.
It is normal. It has been doing that ever since I purchased my S7.