Galaxy S7 Charging port seems loose?

anon(9246304)

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello all I upgraded from an S5 to an S7 (non edge) anyhow ever since I got it (Jan 5th 2017) the charging port seems loose and at times the cord falls out the minute I set the phone down from plug in? And NOW even though it's set to, it has stopped making the charging noise when plugged in and yes it is charging I've checked. Is there another setting or is it just faulty?

I really don't want to send it in for warranty repair but I guess I will if need be?

Any suggestions?

Help Please

Last edited:

Hey I Tried

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
If you're using the USB cable that came with the phone, you have to push it in there a bit, to get it to click in.

But, if you're doing that already, then warranty that sucker. If you bought it from a cellular provider store, take it there first. They may just exchange it on the spot, seeing how it's basically 2 months old.

As for the charging sound, I really don't know. Maybe if the connector in the phone is faulty, it might not be triggering the sound effect.

BackNine29

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with a loose connection on my ATT S7. The loosenees is side to side, not in and out. The latter connection is pretty snug. Nonetheless, quite annoying. Many phone does consistently charge. I don't use a charging sound configuration.

H2oflyer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Be aware the waterproof seal around the charging port could be missing or compromised. IP68 could be down the toilet..... I would warranty or exchange the phone.

Samsung makes a great phone , but their quality does seem to vary as the production run gets longer.

amazingkyo

Aug 9, 2017
Visit site
if it stops charging by port ,maybe you could borrow one of your friend's wireless charging pad or bring your phone to Samsung store to test with their fast charger to see if could charge your phone or not .If charge ,then maybe you could consider to buy one of this ,then you could just charge your phone without plug cord into your S7 charging port.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38